Colour/style ideas Summer 2012

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Hair Geeks

I need some hair style and colour ideas, whats popular at the moment was thinking of going red or has that trend been and gone now!!

I have long black hair at the momentl I want to keep the length but never know what to have done with it, was thinking about blocks of colour but just don't know how lol

Any ideas will be appreciated, even whacky ones, got to be long thou :biggrin:

hiya! dip dye, ombre and pastel colours still seem to be going strong! i havent done av red hair for months now actually, but maybe thats just me!! what about something like jessie j has just now, black with caramel dip dye? xxx

I have just been looking at the dip dyes, they look really cool, just cant decide on colours and if I like it really straight dip dye or some ive seen thats blended if you know what I mean, think its called ombre, is that right?

Hi Hair Geeks

I need some hair style and colour ideas, whats popular at the moment was thinking of going red or has that trend been and gone now!!

I have long black hair at the momentl I want to keep the length but never know what to have done with it, was thinking about blocks of colour but just don't know how lol

Any ideas will be appreciated, even whacky ones, got to be long thou :biggrin:

Beige is big this year :) my favourite colour

beige is lovely!! done a girls hair the other week from virgin brown (about a 5/6) to a lovely beige.... such a soft flattering colour!
ombre is when it kind of fades from dark to light, with no obvious lines. Iv got mine ombre just now, mid brown through caramel to light blonde on the ends, and i think i love it lol xxx

Nicole just read your thread how u coloured a clients hair from 5/6 base to a beige, i have a client who wants the same but with foils, can u tell me what colour u used and did u bleach it first? Thanks x

Nicole just read your thread how u coloured a clients hair from 5/6 base to a beige, i have a client who wants the same but with foils, can u tell me what colour u used and did u bleach it first? Thanks x

yeah i did hon, then popped a xp100 9.02 over it looked great. maybe someone else can chip in with what they like to use for a nice beige? unfortunately the only good colour choices my sallys has is in xp range, and its the only salon supplies for 35miles one way!!! xx
ps i know .02 technically isnt beige, but was counteracting a slight yellow lol! im more than happy for everyone elses opinions on colours, every days a school day!!!

Last edited:
Thank u, i normally use wella but might try that x

id stick with wella hon lol xp isnt so great, kinda false economy. i like wella koleston, but my choice of colours is limited in store!!! xx

beige is lovely!! done a girls hair the other week from virgin brown (about a 5/6) to a lovely beige.... such a soft flattering colour!
ombre is when it kind of fades from dark to light, with no obvious lines. Iv got mine ombre just now, mid brown through caramel to light blonde on the ends, and i think i love it lol xxx

That sounds really nice, would I be able to go from dyed black to caramels and blondes??

you could, it might take a couple of shots to get it as light as youd like though, but your hairdresser will be able to test your hair to see how much lift will be achieved without seriously comprimising the condition xxx

Thanks for all your help and advice :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back