Colour therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I am just completing a colour therapy course, it has been very interesting.

So,

what is your favourite colour and why, and the colour you cannot stand and why?

Pink :lol: because it is bright, cheerful & generally sparkly

Grey :irked: because it neither nowt nor summat & always looks such a sad colour

xx

Am loving this thread already Hippy Chick xx

Pink and grey are often used together.

Pink is self love, love that you give out and love that you receive, its non threatening.

Grey/silver is regal, cool, aloof.

With you loving pink and hating grey, you are a highly infectious loving person who would touch someones arm whilst talking, probably kiss and hug someone on hello and goodbye.

OMG that is soo true.

With Colour Therapy would you ever see the persons favourite colour in their aura?

xx

sometimes, but you generally focus on the chakra colours, (colours of the rainbow). this can indicate the person's strengths/weaknesses.

Am practising at the moment, so hope to have some fun with anyone interested in colour.

I think this sounds really exciting I do Reiki & crystal healing but cannot really pick colours up all the time & would love to know more about there meanings.

Goodluck, let me know when you start teaching it :green:

xx

I am just completing a colour therapy course, it has been very interesting.

So,

what is your favourite colour and why, and the colour you cannot stand and why?

It's no secret that my favourite colour is blue, so much so that 1 of my friends thinks I'm obsessed, lol. Actually, maybe he has a point cos even with my cleaning products I tend to buy blue bottles/liquids. I wear some shade of blue every day, either top half or bottom half.

Not sure why I like it, always have done. Am just naturally drawn to it.

Can't stand black, don't do black at all. Makes me feel maudlin & makes me look washed out.

Blue is generally seen as communication, also soothing and calming for ENT problems as it relates to the throat chakra. Blue types are perfectionists. Their are obviously shades of blue, from sky blue, turquoise and indigo.

Luckily their are no natural blue foods as it would not be a good colour for us to embibe in.

Black is a colour that people use if they are unconfident, under the weather, depressed, wanting to hide from the world. Definitely not something that you would do Sarah.

I would suggest you use a little gold as a complementary colour as wearing too much blue can actually wash you out and make you feel depressed. Also gold is good for people who need to keep organised.

My favourite colours are blue & pink...can't decide which i like the most as they are both beautiful colours! I love any shade of blue or pink depending on where they are used, what your using them for or depending on what your looking at!!

I think the colour I would say is my least favourite would be grey as this reminds me of the dark feeling of winter....

You are a typical summer personality, attracted to cool colours.

Gentle person, calm, good listener.But can deny themselves opportunities for using your natural talent as find it difficult to put your knowledge into words.

Grey/silver is often used to complement pink and blue, gives a cool effect rather than a warming effect. Cool, aloof.

ooh where you doing the course hun ?? i have always wanted to do a colour therapy course , lol x

Think I should have done this as a blog, apologies to mods.

should've done a blog?? maybe but what a great thread!
and...you did ask a question in your opening thread so maybe the mods will let it stay in the forum!! :)

i think this is great, my mum used to do colour analysis which is more about styling and what to wear but still gave a good insight into colour.

will you be running these courses?

Yes, but probably not this year.

I love pink! I wear it a lot (but is has to be a blue-toned pink)

Don't do black in any way shape or form!

Blue is generally seen as communication, also soothing and calming for ENT problems as it relates to the throat chakra. Blue types are perfectionists. Their are obviously shades of blue, from sky blue, turquoise and indigo.

Luckily their are no natural blue foods as it would not be a good colour for us to embibe in.

Black is a colour that people use if they are unconfident, under the weather, depressed, wanting to hide from the world. Definitely not something that you would do Sarah.

I would suggest you use a little gold as a complementary colour as wearing too much blue can actually wash you out and make you feel depressed. Also gold is good for people who need to keep organised.

Best I get some gold stuff then as my organisational skills are somewhat lacking!

I wear a lot of black but I also love red and pink. The one colour I do not like and that is yellow.

How interesting ,
I hate the colours red, brown, and pea green I love all blues cool lilacs not fussy on pink though
I love bluey greens,
I don't like black , but I wear it because it's slimming and looks neat :)
:hug: x minky

I love pink! I wear it a lot (but is has to be a blue-toned pink)

Don't do black in any way shape or form!

Seems to be a lot of people liking pink on this site!

as said before, pink is for love, but is a cool tone, if its blue toned pink then definitely looking at the cool side, and you are blonde so suits you better.

We feel most comfortable in the colours that appear in our aura. With you liking pinky/blue tones, its relating to heart and throat chakras, which is love and communication. As you have the top chakras indicated, perhaps try and introduce some earthy colour to keep you grounded, perhaps you do a lot of inward thinking, mind racing 24/7.

I wear a lot of black but I also love red and pink. The one colour I do not like and that is yellow.

Black is thought to be powerdressing and slimming, but it is actually a colour that we use to hide ourselves, so it looks like sometimes you would prefer to melt into the background.

Pink (another one!) perhaps we need to change the background on geek to pink!

now red, with you wearing a lot of black and red it shows you have 2 personalities, now I'm not suggesting that you are schizophrenic, but sometimes you could conquer the world and other times you hide away. I bet you reach for the red when you are full of energy and raring to go!

Be careful of when you wear red, as its not the most approachable of colours, people can be wary of you.

Often we need the colour that we do not like. Yellow is a sunshine colour, a cheery joyful colour. Look at wearing gold somewhere even if it is your underwear.

You are a winter personality,liking strong bold colours. Strong, self-assured, excellent organiser but prefer to work alone. It indicates that you have dark colouring, dark hair and dark eyes (not seen a photo of you so don't know if that is true). so to balance this, as you are working as part of a team look to harnessing that yellow/gold.

Latest posts

Back