Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren Russell

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone would help me, I am training to be a hairdressing I am in my second year at college but not very confident with choosing what to use when it comes to colour , my boyfriends sister in law has recently asked me to colour her hair, she said her usual hairdressing uses a mix of 9/0 and 10/0 but she wants to be lighter , would it be safe to use 10/0 koleston perfect with bleach highlights? And what peroxide should I use? Thanks

What peroxide do you think you should use?

What's her base and undertone?

yes and what is her N level.... 20vol=1.5-2lv. of lift 30vol=2.5-3lv lift bleach =20vol will be sufficient on colored hair for hilights if shes a lv.7 use 30vol with color and 20vol with bleach.

Why don't you get her to come into the college and be a model for you? That way you can be supervised and assessed by your tutor.

As you're still training, family and friends should be supporting your learning rather than using you to get freebies. Also, if you don't get the results you were expecting when doing it at home, it can severely dent your confidence. If you're already feeling uncertain, please don't feel pressured to just 'have a go'.

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/foil-highlights-question.294439/#post-2445150

Hi lauren I'm new to hair dressing too and am trying to find a formulae to help me with choosing colours correctly every time.
When I'm doing bleach ️highlights I love BLONDOR CREAM and I only use 6% mix it 1-2(20ml blondor 20ml proxide)
I watched a really good u tube video that explained how to formulae really simply by asking yourself 5 questions
Natural level?
Desired level?
%of grey?
Up(underlying pigment)?
Developer?

Search:kenra professional education robb dubre
Good luck with your training[emoji106]

Whoops that measuring was wrong! [emoji54]20ml blondor 40ml proxide

yes and what is her N level.... 20vol=1.5-2lv. of lift 30vol=2.5-3lv lift bleach =20vol will be sufficient on colored hair for hilights if shes a lv.7 use 30vol with color and 20vol with bleach.

What brand are you basing this results on?

I'm not sure I've worked with a brand who provides 1/2 levels of lift.

Latest posts

Back