Coloured acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rufus81

Reaction score
Hi all. I use acrylic and nail polish for colour and was thinking about using coloured Acrylic instead to save drying time and so the colour doesnt scratch chip. How would be best to do this?? Do i buy it as colour or do i mix it???? Thanks
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can buy them pre made but if anything it will take you longer, that's what I've found anyway as some of them you need to cap with clear acrylic anyway (not all just some) which will take you possibly double the time!

But you should try it only if they are never going to have infills as you'll have to take the whole set off for them to have a new colour! Naio are quite good for coloured powders. .have a look on Google xx

You can buy them pre made but if anything it will take you longer, that's what I've found anyway as some of them you need to cap with clear acrylic anyway (not all just some) which will take you possibly double the time!

But you should try it only if they are never going to have infills as you'll have to take the whole set off for them to have a new colour! Naio are quite good for coloured powders. .have a look on Google xx

Not necesarily. I build up the enhancement with clear natural or white and then use a thin layer of colour. You can just file the colour off to infill and change design.

You can also buy pigments to mix with clear powder x

Thank you all

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app
Tammy Taylor do some lovely coloured acrylics - really popular at the moment

I do it exactly the same as misstoniilou

Okay sorry I just don't like a lot of filing.

Hi
Not necesarily. I build up the enhancement with clear natural or white and then use a thin layer of colour. You can just file the colour off to infill and change design.
i'm new to nails. Is it okay to use nail lacquers over acrylics and then gel top coat them for longer stay. I have bought acrylics from nsi and i do shellac as well. But i ve also bought spa ritual collection. I'm not sure which polish to use on acrylics.. please help me out..

Hi

i'm new to nails. Is it okay to use nail lacquers over acrylics and then gel top coat them for longer stay. I have bought acrylics from nsi and i do shellac as well. But i ve also bought spa ritual collection. I'm not sure which polish to use on acrylics.. please help me out..

You can't use a gel top coat over normal polish.
You can use gel colour and topcoat on acrylics or you can use normal nail polish of any brand on acrylics and then a top coat like NSI airshield which is designed to be used on acrylic and stays shiny much longer.

You can use gel colour and topcoat on acrylics or you can use normal nail polish of any brand on acrylics and then a top coat like NSI airshield which is designed to be used on acrylic and stays shiny much longer.
Thankyou so much for the quicj reply. Can you also tell me which gel color brand is good for acrylics? I've just bought shellac rainbow wardrobe. I'm also not sure how much to charge for shellac on acrylics.. xx

Thankyou so much for the quicj reply. Can you also tell me which gel color brand is good for acrylics? I've just bought shellac rainbow wardrobe. I'm also not sure how much to charge for shellac on acrylics.. xx

Any gel polish is good on acrylics but you don't need to use basecoat. Just on with colour and topcoat. Shellac would work perfectly. It's up to you how much to charge extra. I'd look at how much similar business around you do it for. You can work out your cost per service so you know you aren't losing money!

Any gel polish is good on acrylics but you don't need to use basecoat. Just on with colour and topcoat. Shellac would work perfectly. It's up to you how much to charge extra. I'd look at how much similar business around you do it for. You can work out your cost per service so you know you aren't losing money!
Thanks a tons. xxxx you have helped me a lot.. i truely appreciate that.. i was really confused..xx

I use gel top coat over nail polish. It works fine. I get the same wear of it as if it was gel polish. You must ensure the polish is dry before applying the gel top coat though

I use gel top coat over nail polish. It works fine. I get the same wear of it as if it was gel polish. You must ensure the polish is dry before applying the gel top coat though
How long do you have your clients sit there waiting for their polish to dry before you apply the gel topcoat? This would be wasted time for me, when the gel topcoat can be applied right away, not to mention this is what is recommended by the manufacturer.

How long do you have your clients sit there waiting for their polish to dry before you apply the gel topcoat? This would be wasted time for me, when the gel topcoat can be applied right away, not to mention this is what is recommended by the manufacturer.
I use fast drying polish so it takes no more than 3-5mins before i can apply the gel top coat. Im fully aware of what is recommended by the manufacturer, i offer gel polish too. Some clients however prefer the colours of my polish compared to my gel polish so in order for it to achieve maximum wear, i apply gel top coat.

I use fast drying polish so it takes no more than 3-5mins before i can apply the gel top coat. Im fully aware of what is recommended by the manufacturer, i offer gel polish too. Some clients however prefer the colours of my polish compared to my gel polish so in order for it to achieve maximum wear, i apply gel top coat.

Yes some salons do this. But I've seen the cracks and smudge marks it causes. No normal nail polish is dry is 3-5 mins.
There are some excellent top coats designed specifically for normal polish on acrylic that keep it looking great and lasting- NSI airshield and thermoshield being examples.

Yes some salons do this. But I've seen the cracks and smudge marks it causes. No normal nail polish is dry is 3-5 mins.
There are some excellent top coats designed specifically for normal polish on acrylic that keep it looking great and lasting- NSI airshield and thermoshield being examples.
Yeah i know not all the layers of the polish are dry but it is dry enough to apply gel top coat. My clients dont suffer from the service breakdown you mentioned above. Im very thorough with my work.

Hey can you please tell me that do we charge same for acrylics on girls as on ladies or we charge less.. a lady just came with her 14 yra old daughter and asked me how much we charge for children.. i said the same price and she wasnt happy about it.. do we charge less then..xx

Hey can you please tell me that do we charge same for acrylics on girls as on ladies or we charge less.. a lady just came with her 14 yra old daughter and asked me how much we charge for children.. i said the same price and she wasnt happy about it.. do we charge less then..xx
I refuse to apply acrylic nails on children. 16 is the absolute youngest and it is definitely the same price. It takes the same amount of time and the same products are used so why shouldnt it be the same price?

Latest posts

Back