Colouring advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
I've just finished my level 2 so not much experience at all & I'd just like some advice please.

My friend coloured her hair & wanted some highlights in so about 4 weeks ago I ran some bleach through with a cap. So now she has roots showing & wants her roots done & some more highlights put through. I'm not really sure how to do this though. She has about 1/2 inch regrowth. So, do I put the colour on the regrowth & then put some foils in. Or do I put the foils in & then do the roots? I know this is basic stuff but we didn't get told in college & I never thought to ask.

Thank you

Please ditch the cap!! Use foils...cap is an old torture method!

But do your foils first, then go back and do root colour in between x

I had planned on foiling this time! Thank you for your advice x

How long is the hair? You can get foils in hair longer than 2" fairly easy, so only use a cap for short short hair.
Like blue said do the foils first (use a lower strength peroxide than last time then colour the root area in what you will see as flooding on here quite often, the lower strength peroxide is to stop over processing while you apply the root colour and let thy develop too.
And congrats on passing xoxo

How long is the hair? You can get foils in hair longer than 2" fairly easy, so only use a cap for short short hair.
Like blue said do the foils first (use a lower strength peroxide than last time then colour the root area in what you will see as flooding on here quite often, the lower strength peroxide is to stop over processing while you apply the root colour and let thy develop too.
And congrats on passing xoxo

Thank you!

She has long hair (past shoulder) but she had the cap because I needed to pass my assessment in college. It was a 'needs must' kind of thing!

Do I colour the roots of where I've put the foils as well? Or will I get a banding?

hi whats everyones thoughts on putting a tonner on hair that has just had a tint put on

Latest posts

Back