Colouring asian hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Hi i have a new client with very dark hair , the only experience i have with colouring such dark hair is doing hi-lift or bleach hi-lites , and when i have done test strands on dark strong hair for all over colour it hasnt lifted even with 9 %.
The client has existing colour all over with hi-lites , im planning to hi lite and lo-lite( with a warm 4) 2 to1 and tone , what i need help with is to select a colour that will lift 2 shades and cover white to so approx target 6 to fill inbetween foils . I can use 12% as im back to backing away from the scalp as she is breastfreeding .
I was thinking about using either a 6 or 7 with 12% ? what do you think?

Last edited:
hi
dont be scared of dark asian hair my hair is a very dark brown and its a elumious red took yrs to get this coulr but did it gradually. most of our client based is asian or oriental and to tell you the truth these a lot you can do with this hair type because its course.

just remember that asian hair type is a lot more resistant than european hair so bleach would be best if hi-lighting but lo-lite tend not so show up as much so iether use a vibarant colour like a 8 base with 9/12% or pre bleach

hi
dont be scared of dark asian hair my hair is a very dark brown and its a elumious red took yrs to get this coulr but did it gradually. most of our client based is asian or oriental and to tell you the truth these a lot you can do with this hair type because its course.

just remember that asian hair type is a lot more resistant than european hair so bleach would be best if hi-lighting but lo-lite tend not so show up as much so iether use a vibarant colour like a 8 base with 9/12% or pre bleach

asian gray hair dosent cover well so need to use a dark colour nothing below a level 5, it wont cover grays

hi

asian gray hair dosent cover well so need to use a dark colour nothing below a level 5, it wont cover grays[/QUOTE

Zel is right.
This hair is great to color but you need to know what your doing. A long term plan is better that a short 1. The reason for this is because it quite difficult to remove the existing color possibly all in the first appointment so a gradual plan is better and better for the hair.
Like zel said this hair is stronger than other types and will withstand more punishment but don't forget it too is not bullet proof.

Latest posts

Back