Colouring Halo hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_causey

Reaction score
Hi fellow stylists.
So, I have coloured hair extensions before but I've never coloured The Halo Hair extensions before. I've got the lightest blonde (913) and I just want to keep it blonde but I'm going to add some warm tones and just make it a bit more natural looking so it matches my clients hair.
Has anyone coloured them before? Are there any little quirks I should be aware of? I once put a gold on a 913 from a different extensions brand and it almost looked a little green and matte after so I'm always hesitant when approaching a different brand that isn't Balmain or similar.
Maybe I could do a Malibu colour prepare first?
I also have Olaplex which I have never used on extensions before, but have heard good things, what do you think?
Any advice would be hugely appreiciated.
Thank you

I will put colour into extensions of asked but I'll never try to lift them and I've never worked with halo, I recently used olaplex with colour on a set of pre bonded and it was amazing! I coloured a client who had a full head of 7.3 colour ext fitted into a 6.5 natural hair (so it looks like an ombre) I used a 5.43 which is a gorgeous deep copper brown, the extensions were starting to be a bit tatty if I'm honest where they run against her back but now their amazing! No pre pig done and no fading whatsoever, the shine and condition is beautiful too, fantastic client to advertise on she was as she owns the corner shop and everyone comments on how amazing her hair looks :) I don't think weel be fitting a new set for a very long time!

Extensions are quite tricky, simply because of the processing they've been through you can end up with funny colours!

But olaplex is a must with extensions!
You need to treat extensions like very porous hair.

Thanks guys, job done now. I did a test sample of a natural and a gold level 8 demi. The natural went too grey looking, and the gold also was quite flat so I added copper into the final mix and it looks great.

Latest posts

Back