"Colouring in" after stamping - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
Been doing stamping with Shellac for a few months now but just the usual stamping with KONAD or Mundo De Unas, but I'd like to offer more of a variety of techniques..

I'd like to know the best way to fill in or "colour in" a stamp after applying it to the nail?

At the moment I do full shellac service including top coat, wipe away sticky, stamp and apply 2nd top coat.

If u wanted to colour in a stamp for example a black flower stamp with KONAD but wanted to colour in the petals with colour would I use shellac to do this, cure and top coat or is it better to use a stamping polish to colour in with?

At what point do I colour it in? Right on top of the stamp before 2nd top coat?

Thanks in advance x

Hello! I love my konad stamps! You need to pick up the design onto the stamp. Use polish and a small brush to colour on on the stamp, then once dry? Apply a normal top coat and wait to set. Then peal off likr a sticker and apply to nails. Cover in your shellac top coat and ta dah!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv seen some posts whereby if its just a small detail, you can colour in using 'Sharpie' permanent marker pens, the small nib ones?
Then topcoat it.

Iv not had much luck but think im not waiting long enough for it to dry....

Definitely sharpie!

Iv seen some posts whereby if its just a small detail, you can colour in using 'Sharpie' permanent marker pens, the small nib ones?
Then topcoat it.

Iv not had much luck but think im not waiting long enough for it to dry....

Ditto, I tried it with CND Shellac, but I found the Sharpie bled. I must be doing something wrong.

Hello! I love my konad stamps! You need to pick up the design onto the stamp. Use polish and a small brush to colour on on the stamp, then once dry? Apply a normal top coat and wait to set. Then peal off likr a sticker and apply to nails. Cover in your shellac top coat and ta dah!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I not apply shellac directly on to the stamp that's on the nail? If I did it that way I would have to prepare them all in advance which wouldn't work well in the salon and I'd like my clients to be able to choose the colours rather than have to have what I've pre-made. May have to try sharpie pens instead if shellac doesn't work on top. I don't see why it shouldn't though as shellac top coat ontop of stamp is perfectly fine. Need to have a play I think! X

These are mine (they're a bit tatty as we're done a week ago). I used the reverse stamping technique - colour in the print while it's on the stamper and then transfer to nail. You have to work fairly quickly though. Hth!

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1415911305021.jpg
    1415911305021.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 156
These are mine (they're a bit tatty as we're done a week ago). I used the reverse stamping technique - colour in the print while it's on the stamper and then transfer to nail. You have to work fairly quickly though. Hth!

By the way I used stamping polish to colour in. Shellac won't work.

Wow, these are fab!! Not tatty at all :)

Can I not apply shellac directly on to the stamp that's on the nail? If I did it that way I would have to prepare them all in advance which wouldn't work well in the salon and I'd like my clients to be able to choose the colours rather than have to have what I've pre-made. May have to try sharpie pens instead if shellac doesn't work on top. I don't see why it shouldn't though as shellac top coat ontop of stamp is perfectly fine. Need to have a play I think! X

Yes you can add the color once the stamp has been applied, but using the other method means you get crisper lines x

Latest posts

Back