Company Name - What next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

When you have decided on your name do you have to check with companies house to see if someone else doesnt already have it. Or is that just for Limited companies.

Is there anything else i need to do to "register" the name?

Any help and guidance would be fantanstic.

Thanks Geeks and Geekets.

Sam

Try the WebCheck service on the Companies House website - WebCHeck Fastrack - it is free to check for company names.

Am not 100% sure if you need to avoid a duplicate name if you are not a limited company - although I know you do if you are a limited company.

Do the webcheck to check limited companies, I don't think you have to worry if you're not a limited company though, as when I was trying to think of a company name, I just kept looking on Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for UK businesses If you go there, you can put in the name you're thinking of, and put UK in location, and you'll instantly know if the business name is being used by anyone who is registered with them, and most businesses are!! I did find lots of businesses with the same names, but in different parts of the country.

(PS don't use the same name as me though, 'cos I'll send the boys round :green:)

Do the webcheck to check limited companies, I don't think you have to worry if you're not a limited company though, as when I was trying to think of a company name, I just kept looking on Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for UK businesses If you go there, you can put in the name you're thinking of, and put UK in location, and you'll instantly know if the business name is being used by anyone who is registered with them, and most businesses are!! I did find lots of businesses with the same names, but in different parts of the country.

(PS don't use the same name as me though, 'cos I'll send the boys round :green:)

oooooooooooh ditzy we nearly match! lol xx

oooooooooooh ditzy we nearly match! lol xx

That's really funny, as when I came up with Cheesecake, everyone giggled, and thought people might call me to buy bread or cakes or something!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back