Competition advice...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosey

Reaction score
Hello i was wondering if anyone had any advice, tips or even comp pic's for me to peek at as i am entrering the nails comps in PB north an just spied the rules etc on their site and OMG they look scary and i thinkim nervous already lol. :eek:

Any advice would be helpfull. Im interesed in the manicure and the salon nails. The salon nails just for comp experience as the novice is for peeps undertwo years which is no good for me and i think that i would be well out classed in the tip and overlay :o so i think its good for 1st time.

Many thanks everyone xx

i have a few pics on my profile page if you want to take a look hun, what sort of things are you worried with?

:hug:

thank you will take a look .... im worried abou the whole apex ans 'c' cuve issue also i no ill be nervouse and think im gonna mess up the nail polish part:( i now there is a few months to go .....

My apex is not great in my opinion but i do try....:lol:
xx

do you have c-curve sticked?? if you do salon nails you will not need a massive c-curve, the key is consistancy.....so if anything ieven if you feel your apex isn't exactly right make sure they all look the same.

consistancy is where you will pick up the marks...

make sure you varnish your red hand before start to file and finish tge second this way it will be dry when you polish pull the skin and cuticle back and the when its dry push it back over.

do you have c-curve sticked?? ..

?? not sure what this means lol
Ok so it consistancy .... well thats not too bad just looked at you nails they are lovelt your smile lines arereally nice to :) also, the length, can they be shoter but as lng as they the same ??x

c curve sticks are used when you are waiting for the product to cure you place the stick under her nail and pinch to mould into a deeper c curve.......

yep salon nails are what you would do on your clients but yes consistancy is key ..

Have a look in the gallery - comp practice / comp nails.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back