Competition for a Free Spray Tan not working..... What the hell?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne1989

Reaction score
Right, I've got a competition on Facebook at the moment for a free spray tan. All the clients have to do is 'like' my page to be entered into the prize draw. I've posted this absolutely everywhere in groups that have over 1000 members and so far I've had a whole 2 likes. Please someone explain what is wrong with people these days? I'm really frustrated about it cos it's so simple! I've got 65 likes on my page so far so all this is for advertising obviously. I've had NOBODY in for tans or minx for valentines day. :'(

I am not sure if people will do things for a competition - maybe a definate discount would be better - 25% off for example if they like your page.

xx

i started a monthly contest and all you had to do was like my fb page but it seems its hard for people to get the concept. i have online booking and it took three months for people to catch on even though i advertise it on everything! what i do now is on my computer in the spa i have fb open and ask every single client "do you have fb? yes, well would you like my page please" i then turn my laptop to them and they log in and like my page :p simple, pushy yet completely effective

it will take a while of you doing contest and things along that line before people notice. stick with it, it will work!

This is what happened to me! I ended up asking my mates to vote to save me from looking like a right sausage :)

Right, I've got a competition on Facebook at the moment for a free spray tan. All the clients have to do is 'like' my page to be entered into the prize draw. I've posted this absolutely everywhere in groups that have over 1000 members and so far I've had a whole 2 likes. Please someone explain what is wrong with people these days? I'm really frustrated about it cos it's so simple! I've got 65 likes on my page so far so all this is for advertising obviously. I've had NOBODY in for tans or minx for valentines day. :'(

Joanne I know what you mean.

I did half price offer for tans a couple of weeks ago when I had no bookings.. no one booked!! I thought ffs shall I put free tans all week?! bet I'd of still got no bookings lmao. it's really disheartening isn't it?! the like page on fb was a total disaster for me, i got 3 likes in a month of advertising, i reverted back to a profile not that i ever get a friend request mind you!!
I've just done all my spare room out to use as my tanning room, new carpets/wallpaper/blind/curtains the whole shabang & no ones been booked in to see it :-( I feel like selling my whole tanning kit & forgetting the whole idea but I think I'll ride it out & see how it goes x

I too have done this on two occasions had a hand full of likes and both winners didnt even redeem their Free tans so im not doing it an ymore its a waste of time

i do this all the time and i get so many likes but first of all i got like 1 so embarassing so i took a different approach, my regulars that have spray tans i told them to write a status saying go like **** page and leave comment with my name the person with the most recommendations when ive got to 500 etc wins a free spray tan last time i ran this i got 158 likes in 4 days... i now have clients asking when the next competition is going to be everyone loves a freebie!

go through your likers look at the friends list pick out someone who has lots of friends ppl that look like that would have treatments done etc contact that liker and just ask can you recommend me please in return ill give you ...........

if you dont ask you wont get... also pick some local businesses on facebook and do a recommendation swop, ann summers reps, avon reps, cake makers etc

good luck x

I just think a lot of people like to have a spray tan when it's vaguely believable that it could be a natural one ie from April/may onwards

I know my teenagers won't get near my spray gun at the mo but say they might in the summer. Don't think they want to stand out like a sore thumb!

Maybe it's just that sort of thinking? I know what you mean though. xx

Wow looks like I spoke too soon! In the past week my likes have gone from something like 40 something to 125!!! :-D

Maybe that's the difference between February (still wintery) and March (more like spring?) Psychologically I mean. Pleased for you.

Wow looks like I spoke too soon! In the past week my likes have gone from something like 40 something to 125!!! :-D

that's good news x x

I did half price offer for tans a couple of weeks ago when I had no bookings.. no one booked!! I thought ffs shall I put free tans all week?! bet I'd of still got no bookings lmao. it's really disheartening isn't it?! the like page on fb was a total disaster for me, i got 3 likes in a month of advertising, i reverted back to a profile not that i ever get a friend request mind you!!
I've just done all my spare room out to use as my tanning room, new carpets/wallpaper/blind/curtains the whole shabang & no ones been booked in to see it :-( I feel like selling my whole tanning kit & forgetting the whole idea but I think I'll ride it out & see how it goes x

I really think this is everywhere at the moment... I advertise with offers all over but get very few enquiries from it!
:confused:

Thanks girls! Xx

lush lash how do you revert back to a profile page?im thinking about doing this too but i dont no if you havetostart a whole new account again?

lush lash how do you revert back to a profile page?im thinking about doing this too but i dont no if you havetostart a whole new account again?

I had to start a whole new profile again. You could do that & ask your current 'likers' to add you as a friend.

A profile works much better for me, hth x

Yep I find a profile works better than a page too. I have one for my dog as I have a dog shop online and she has over 5 thousand doggie friends and is just so much easier to communicate with customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back