Competition on Facebook...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I would like to start a competition (or something) on Facebook, whereby as to advertise more and get more people to join the group. I want to give away nail treatments, vouchers or discounts.

Do you guys have any ideas on what sort of competition i can start?

XXX

You can set the group up and tell members that you will be giving away spot prizes each Friday (for example) to the person who provides the wittiest replies to a question posed by you perhaps?

Be careful that you use Facebook to build your profile rather than for pure advertising otherwise the Facebook moderators may suspend your FB account..

perhaps a photo competition for a hand model?

I just did a weekly giveaway on our fan page for Feb. Each Friday afternoon I announced a winner (who was picked at random) and they won a 30 minute facial. It has worked well with 2 of the winners upgrading to 1 hour facials plus bought product. We have also generated quite a few new fans, I plan to do something similar in March.
Good luck and let us know how you got on!

Hi Kelly, what was your weekly competition? How did you pick your winners? (from all your facebook friends or was there a competition?)

XXX

This was the first time I had run anything on facebook so I decided to start with a giveaway to see if it would make any difference. I basically just picked 1 winner each week at random and then announced it on our page. It seems once the winner made a comment on the post saying thank you we got some of their friends signing up as fans (potential new clients hopefully!)
I though I might try a competition this month and see what happens with that. Something like answer a simple question and be in with a chance of winning a goodie bag. I have a few bits of excess stock I could shift plus samples etc to make it a nice little giveaway.

This was the first time I had run anything on facebook so I decided to start with a giveaway to see if it would make any difference. I basically just picked 1 winner each week at random and then announced it on our page. It seems once the winner made a comment on the post saying thank you we got some of their friends signing up as fans (potential new clients hopefully!)
I though I might try a competition this month and see what happens with that. Something like answer a simple question and be in with a chance of winning a goodie bag. I have a few bits of excess stock I could shift plus samples etc to make it a nice little giveaway.

I've just started a competition on my salon fan page. I announced it a few days before it started to get a bit of excitement going & so far it's working really, really well.

I'm not one to do anything by halves so I'm actually doing a free £30 facial for 30 days. Winners are picked at random. That's a potential of 30 new clients through the door in a month :) With all my systems in place, we should get a few new regular clients out of it, all for the price of a bit of product.

I've gained an extra 50 fans, just in 4 days, which is really good going as it's taken months to get to 100. People are writing on my wall now, which in turn is getting more fans signing up.

I'm planning on running regular competitions now, with mini treatments as the prize, which can then be upgraded when they phone up to book in.

For my sparkle & glitz children's pamper party page, I've just started a competition on there as well but I'm only having 1 winner for that, to be announced 31st March. Individuals have to inbox me if they want to win. (I'm offering a 'make your own smellies' party for up to 5 people as the prize). The feedback so far has been amazing :green:. Seems lots of people want to learn how to make their own!

I have just put on a competition on Facebook to win a luxury Facial by telling me in no more than 100 words why they should win it.

Hope it helps me!

Latest posts

Back