Competition winners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mo mchenry

Reaction score
Has anyone got the results from Manchester? Especially Monday as I saw the results on Sunday.

There are various threads on Gmex try a search hun - these will give you what you need....hth

Hiya

Thought I'd get on the case and big up the talented techs who braved double the trouble and entered the National Nail Comp at GMex.

Congrats to all who entered - and cheers to Rachel for posting that comp thread. I thought there were some very interesting points there and it's always great to have feedback.

We hope the European Nail Championships at ExCeL 05 will be bigger, louder and better - the only way is up.

Anyway, see below for the roll of honour, but a big round of applause to all who entered.

Take care all
Kat
Deputy Ed
Professional Nails
xx

Categories on Sunday October 10

Natural nail manicure
Winner: Keeley Aydin
2nd place: Denika Hurdley

Tip and overlay in fibreglass
Winner: Elise Scholes
2nd place: Caroline Lunn

Tip and overlay in liquid & powder
Winner: Liza Smith
2nd place: Kelly Swain

Tip and overlay in UV gel
Winner: Lisa Humphries
2nd place: Monika Banas

Novice
Winner: Nicola Shackleford
2nd place: Denise Garrett

Categories on Monday October 11

Free form sculpting
Winner: Yuka Tsushima
2nd place: Gemma James

Photographic nail art
Winner: Samantha Biddle
2nd place: Liza Tyas

Fantasy nail art
Winner: Martin Bambrough
2nd place: Samantha Biddle

:o What's Photographic Nail art? when its at home..

This is one of my favourite categories. Competitors are asked to style a shot with some fabulously gorgeous nails to boot (obviously), you then photograph your creation and submit the photo for judging on the day. Apart from the quality of the nails (which don't necessarily have to be nail art sytlee by the way), you are judged on the style and overall composition of the pic.

Samantha Biddle's entry for GMex was brilliant - will ask her if I can post the winning entry on the site so you can see it. It's a bit gorgeous.

Hope that helps...

Cheers
Kat
xx

Latest posts

Back