Complaining client help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone
really bad day at work. Client came in for appointment after having colour consoltation and all relevant test.
she brought in picture of what her old hairdresser used to use (box dye). Wanted same colour We use wella kolston mainly. Her bace was 7 with red undertones wanted to used slate grey around 6 or 7 . told me her old hair dresser only tinted to achieve this!!!!!!!
so bleach hair cream scalp bleach 6% . she ask me if it was 40 vol ? as this is what she usually gets ( she told me tint originally !). came out a clean bace 10 pre toned with koloston 10/16 she asked me why I was putting it on wet hair it should be dried first!! ( always put toner with pastel on wet hair as adviced by wella at some training years ago) . then finally toned with illuimor 7/81and 10/69 with pastel have used this mix before it came out loverly although a little lighter than she wanted originally. Well she hated it !! said it was too dark, not shinny as her picture (box dye). I asked her if she could tell me what she did not like and she said she did not know, I feel I can not correct if I don't know what she dislikes ? I am willing to retone or correct but not happy to start if I feel I do not know whats wrong or what she wants to achive? . I told her I wanted to leave happyand she said leave it, its ok and I call my boss , incase she comes in tomorrow for a refund ( which I think she wants)
thank you for listen to my rant and any advice will be greatfully received .

Why don't these people stick with their old hairdresser if everything they did was so good??? Hate it when clients question everything you do, why can't they just let you get on with your job! She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants!

If she can't tell you what she doesn't like about it so you can fix it, there is probably nothing wrong and she is just trying it on to get a free hair colour!! I've known new clients to do that.

Well I've now came to that conclusion

Omg a hairdresser using a box dye.
This isn't a hairdresser in my eyes. God my career would be over if I ever resorted to gun shot boxed hair dye. Also photos on boxed dyes are heavily photo shopped for maximum appeal. I think this should be a real trades description issue as the hair never turns out what's on the box. This client needs a serious reality check besides if her hairdresser does such a great job why the hell is she using another hairdresser? I really can't understand why a client would question a qualified hairdresser on vol% I mean what the hell would she know.

I agree box colour? This is not professional!

Once in a while you will get 1 of these know it alls who knows nothing about hair. Firstly, Box dyes in North America/Europe come with 20vol standard. Second of all who uses 40vol unless with a hi-lift color which I don't know about where you live but here in Canada, you must have a licences to purchase any strong chemicals. You can never please these silly people so you have to call them on their claims with your professional knowledge. Ask them questions about their claims backing your knowledge like stating the facts mentioned above. Secondly make these types of folks aware that the color lines you use are different & professional & require different methods of procedure to obtain the requested effects.... I would have said something to her like "Wow, your hair didn't fry after she repeatedly did this to you because 40vol on finer lv.6-7 hair types ........". I have a woman whom did this same thing to me. It took me quite a few visits to deprogram her from all the BS other stylists filled her head with. I just was confident, explained what they did wrong, used a ton of stylist jargon she would not understand quoting formulas,levels etc. She will be back to see you guaranteed! You could have told her that since the hair is a lv.10 raw under the color & porous, it is better for her to have it a little darker then the desired target as it will lighten up after a few washes & be perfect. I bet you anything she will love it after a week & will now be your client for life. Stand your ground using your knowledge & put her in her place gently by disapproving her claims with your general knowledge.Don't stress about it too much!;)

Latest posts

Back