Complete New Set Of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking you should only replace a whole st of nails 2 or 3 times per year (obviously pingers aside !!!)
Only my clients nails NEVER last that long.
My best client for looking after her extensions / using solar oil / gentle buffing etc etc has managed 3 rebalances on one set then needed a new set.
Most can go 1 or 2 rebalances but then they start to look really tired and battered plus they generally start to pick the natural nail that is growing behind the extension.
I wouldn't say the condition of their nails is bad by me replacing new sets more frequently and I want them to be happy with their nails.
Is this a bad idea ??? :sad:

Debsidoo99 said:
Alot of people do refill, after refill, after refill but I think a new set is better looking (L&P) than a load of refills so my clients tend to get two maybe tree refills and then want a new set, because of this I dont charge of nail lossage or removal.

I DONT think it is bad

Hiya

No i dont think its bad either, i am wearing L+P at the moment, and i hate it no matter what system i am wearing, when my natural nail grow up behind, drives me mad! When this happens i soak them off cut my nails down and reapply. I just prefer it this way, natural overlays dont work for me!!
I think its physological with me, because i know they are my own nails i pick, and bite and generally make a mess!! I know am naughty girl!!

Debsidoo99 said:
Am I right in thinking you should only replace a whole st of nails 2 or 3 times per year (obviously pingers aside !!!)
Only my clients nails NEVER last that long.
My best client for looking after her extensions / using solar oil / gentle buffing etc etc has managed 3 rebalances on one set then needed a new set.
Most can go 1 or 2 rebalances but then they start to look really tired and battered plus they generally start to pick the natural nail that is growing behind the extension.
I wouldn't say the condition of their nails is bad by me replacing new sets more frequently and I want them to be happy with their nails.

I don't ever replace a whole set of nails. I'll replace the odd one or two occasionally e.g. extreme hook or ski slope nails.
I rebalance evry time a client comes for maintenance, their nails should look like new every time they leave the salon.
Are there certain areas that you're having problems with? If so there are some of the best nail techs in the UK on this board willing to help you.
Jane

Have to say i agree withjane on this, if you rebalance right you shouldn't need to replace the whole set that often. It does depend ont the client, if they are heavy on the nails then you would probably replace them alot.

With my clients i find they break the odd on or two every couple of weeks or so, then most have been replaced singularly anyway. After you've done a reballance the nails should look like new again, the only thing is if your system has got contaminated this would cause it to look shabby or discoloured after a while??

Hope this helps:biggrin:

i have overlays on my natrual nails, i get mine infilled every 3 weeks, this works for me. I did have extensions when my natrual nails were short and i changed them after about 3-4 infils

I tend to only to a new set if 'I' or the 'client' think they need it.........this tends to be very rare. If the product looks 'jaded' or there's excess lifting or damage then yes, I definitely think it's time to soak off and do a new set.

Adele

I seem to have the same problem as debbie i am replacing new sets more than three or times a year its more like after every 2-3- rebalance i have one client that i am about to do her 4th rebalance on cant believe it. Could it be the more experienced u get the better it is?

Hi All,

I have had clients coming to me for over 4 years that have NEVER had a new set (apart from the first one ) . I also have clients that LIKE a new set every 3/6 months . This is because they like the feel (mentally) of new sets and not because the nails do not look good after a fill. I am one of those that also likes new sets . I have only ever filled my nails about twice in 7 years .

I had one girl that wanted a new set EVERY time (she comes every 4 weeks ) . We came to a compromise as I told her she did not need a new full set each time . She now has a new set followed by 1 or 2 fills and then a new set . She just likes it this way .

What I am trying to sum up is that I don't think there is a hard and fast rule or Right and Wrong way here . As long as you are sure your fills are perfect then very often it is your client that will dictate if she wants a new set .

Karen
Light Elegance UK

I know this may sound strange but as a new tech i have to ask, if someone has nails on for a long time and only has infills when the natural nail grows surely the nail enhancement is going to grow up with it eventually the enhancement would come off wouldnt it? I sound really thick i know but dont b cruell to me i just need to know the answer. The more help i get from u guys the better knowledge im gaining thx

ps very embarressed nail tech

sequinto said:
I know this may sound strange but as a new tech i have to ask, if someone has nails on for a long time and only has infills when the natural nail grows surely the nail enhancement is going to grow up with it eventually the enhancement would come off wouldnt it? I sound really thick i know but dont b cruell to me i just need to know the answer. The more help i get from u guys the better knowledge im gaining thx

ps very embarressed nail tech

When you do an infill you put product into the gap where the nail as grow.
With P&w you have to also do a backfill so the white remains on the smile line.
So no the overlay doesnt ever grow out.
Hths

Thx for that i just thought as the nails grow so will the enhancement

sequinto said:
Thx for that i just thought as the nails grow so will the enhancement

Hi again,
You are right if you did a set of nails and just let them grow and didnt infill or backfill them, Then the overlay would just grow out with the nail as it grows.

I understand now ther is so much to learn still even though im qualified i sometimes think that im never going to there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back