Complete newbie advice on training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotdog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a total newbie to this site. I wondered if anyone could help me out please? I am hoping to train to work as a beauty therapist and wondered about the options available. As a mother of four I cannot afford to take time out to go down the conventional training route at the moment. I am considering doing stand alone, fully accredited courses. I would be looking at doing manicure, pedicure, gel polish, facials, waxing and tinting over a couple of months. I would then practice, practice and more practice before offering these services for money. Does this sound feasible enough?
At the moment I am a university lecturer and could work the training around my current work and family commitments. I used to work in a salon years ago and really miss it.
Any help would be fantastic. Sorry for the huuuge post!
X

Hi and welcome to salon geek. Are you looking to start off doing nails then add the other bits as you go? I would recommend choosing which brand you want to work with (ie Gelish/cnd shellac etc) and do as much training with that brand as possible. A lot of beauty colleges will do a gel polish course but it's best to train with a brand as all the systems are slightly different x

Hi, thank you for your response. I think I am looking to start with nails; manicure, pedicure and gel polish. Then add facials, waxing and tinting.
Thanks for the advice. X

Latest posts

Back