Confidence to go mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazzer84may

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am quite new to all this and would really appreciate some advice/support.

I am about to take my NSI assessment in Acrylic extensions and though i know i can work well, and i know all my theory i am petrified at the thought of going mobile and working on strangers - how do i get over this hurdle?

Millions of you must of made this leap but it seems a big step to go from trainee to mobile tech!!

Help!!

i am the same as you, i've just passed my vtct courses and am starting off mobile, i've started by doing friends & family and friends of friends to gradually build up my confidence until i start advertising properly.
i'm quite a shy person really but i'm gradually coming out of my shell because i love doing nails so much and i want my own nail salon one day, just take it easy and you'll get there x
feel free to message me if you ever want someone to talk to about it x

I'm another one in exactly the same boat. I've recently qualified in nail enhancements but in June I qualified in spray tanning. I was stuck in the same rut of being too scared to advertise to strangers, I didn't have confidence in myself - both in my ability and in my personality. One day I was tanning my friend and it finally clicked. I DID know what I was doing. I WAS offering a fantastic service so I pushed myself way out of my comfort zone and advertised to Jo Public. Once I'd done the first couple of strangers it gave me the confidence to go on and do more. And now I'm wondering what all the fuss was about. The trick is just to go for it, even if you're terrified for the first few times, it does get easier with every new client you meet. What's the worst that can happen? I am honestly one of the shyest people you could meet - I had to give myself a talking to. If you portray confidence and professionalism you will eventually begin to feel confident and professional. It will get easier hun but you need to make that leap into the unknown :hug:

Thanks - its sooo good to know other people feel the same as me!

I'm exactly the same - I passed with NSI (gels) in October last year and I'm only just now starting to get my confidence together. For ages I was too nervous and didn't think I was good enough, and seriously thought about just doing manis and pedis. Because I wasn't doing any nails, I wasn't improving. I have now given myself a pep talk and am advertising myself at half price and say I'm newly qualified. Even though I'm not newly qualified, I feel like I am and that I need lots more practice. This way people are aware of my capabilities and it's up to them whether they book me or someone more experienced. Hopefully I'll only be doing this for the next couple of months but during this time I'm hoping I'll improve substantially. HTH x

took the words out of my mouth bracky.

I was the same I only past 7 weeks ago roughly to do mobile. I started on friends and family then ordered my buisness cards a wk later put them out in shops etc and started advertising on the internet. When I got my first customer I was a bit nervous at first so as a test I didnt charge full which did make me feel a little less pressure, as I was buffing them I thought hey I can do this its not as scary as I thought going to strangers houses, charged full after that. Been to quite a few since. Just take your time and relax yourself.
Got magnetic signs made for my car now and leave them on. Love doing mobile nails now. Feel an achievement when each set is finished.:lol:
Its nice when you start getting regulars.

Hey Thanks for that message, stories like that really make me smile and get all excited about the future!! THANKS everyone for all your support!! xxxx

I failed my first exam by one point(nails flared), theory passed with full score, and started advertising at my work (large company with 1000 employees), nail tech trainee needs practice, i charge only material cost until my exams passed in September(Cant afford to give away any more, running out of product). After that im gonna charge a little more, and increase prices gradually as i gain experience. Never gonna charge for anything i think i can't handle. My biggest problem is time. They dont lift, and look quite decent, but it takes me 3 HOURS!!!

Latest posts

Back