Confirming appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anniehair22

Reaction score
I always send out a confirmation text and ask them to please confirm when they get a chance. Does anyone else do this or require them to respond in a specific amount of time? If so how long do you give them before you give their appointment away. If they do not respond for x amount of time do you send out another message? It's been my experience that if the client doesn't confirm they don't show up and I always want to make sure I rebook that spot.

I send a txt 2 days before the appointment then call day before If not confirmed :)

Awesome thanks! And what if they don't answer? I'm trying to squeeze a client in and I have one unconfirmed for Monday and I'm trying to decide if I should put the other client i her spot or not. I'll wait till tomorrow night I just don't want them both to show up haha

If they don't respond by morning of their app and all ways to contact them have had no reply we will cancel them and rebook over the appointment. An alert message stating a no show, service and date are recorded on their name, If it was a large colour app they will need to prepay if they want to re book

It's bad manners for a client to not get back in touch however not everybody is on contract and may have ran out of texts or been cut off etc or simply forget to reply and not be able to answer a call due to work etc...
If they just forget and then you rebook over the appt and they come in what do you do and who gets priority?

We send out a reminder text at 4 pm the day before reminding them of there appointment time and what it's for and ask if they need to change the appointment to contact us on telephone number or email address

If they then fail to cancel an appointment and don't show up we then request a small deposit for future bookings for clients who regularly no show and the computer software monitors this.

Latest posts

Back