Confused -crystal ball anyone!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
Hi, (please excuse me while I am in this confused and unsettled state of mind!) I am currently looking into ?????leasing a beauty salon, but I now also know of a beauty room within a hairdressing salon that is available to rent and looking for advice .

The beauty room to rent has become available as the Beauty Therapist has left to open a salon further down the street (main shopping town). Now, my question is...do I move into the room (with a limited (mobile) clientele) to start up on my own or is this a bad idea as the previous Beauty Therapist has obviously done well and moved down the road with all her clients to open her own place....or is it still possible that I wont be affected??

Thanks for your time! x:confused:

i suppose it depends on whether you do exactly the same treatments using similar products to her? I mean if you have a small client base that would be willing to follow you to the hair salon and you could offer something a bit different to this girl then go for it, its less of a risk than taking out a lease on a salon. Maybe get a pricelist and see what treatments she offers, and see if you have anything different to offer.

Plus, there may be clients that wont follow her as there are always clients that stick to the salon they know, for convienience. I once worked in a salon and a girl i worked with left (and took all client info sneakly without boss knowing) and opened up about a mile away, a lot of her clients did follow her but only around 60% as the rest stayed as it was the salon they got used to and didnt want to move with her. hth:)

Thanks Emerald, that is helpful! I am going to speak to the salon owner this week. As you said, it would be less of a risk than taking a lease on! Thanks for your help. x

Latest posts

Back