Confused-difference between Wella CT, KP and Illumina?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeed

Reaction score
So Ive only been doing hair for a year so no I'm not best experienced but its a learning game for me...

I'm more knowledgable with CT...

whats the different between the 3 different lines in wella? Are Koleston perfect blonde toners permanent for e.g 9/16 with 3% over blonde highlights?

Wella dont have 3% developer

Wella dont have 3% developer
I know but can use 3 percent on toners as it makes them last longer sometimes, I use 1.9 with CT and sometimes pastel. Your reply didn't answer anything though.

You cant use 3% because Wella dont have 3% developer and you have to use the dedicated developer

You cant use 3% because Wella dont have 3% developer and you have to use the dedicated developer
I know a lot of hairdressers who use 3 percent on some toners and also I've read a lot of people on here do as well.

Anyway that's not my question - stay to the thread topic please

I know a lot of hairdressers who use 3 percent on some toners and also I've read a lot of people on here do as well.

I have used 3 % with them before when Iv ran out of my wella proxide An it's turned out fine. However say to get best results to use there peroxide with there colours. I no a few stylists who don't and you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at there hair. If you want to use the wella 9/16 over bleach I would use no lift proxies on towel dried shampooed hair, therefore it won't lift the rest of the hair An simply just tone your highlights

I think you were a little rude, the other person was trying to help. Your insurance will be invalidated if you do not follow manufacturers instructions. Wella do not have a 3% therefore if you use another brand of peroxide your insurance will be void. So you may be able to but you shouldn't for that reason.

I think you were a little rude, the other person was trying to help. Your insurance will be invalidated if you do not follow manufacturers instructions. Wella do not have a 3% therefore if you use another brand of peroxide your insurance will be void. So you may be able to but you shouldn't for that reason.

Yes that is true, to insure you are still insured stick to using wella with wella. Iv only ever used on non client my sister.

Colour touch is a Demi. Koleston and illumina are both permanents. I only tone with ct and illumina with pastel. Koleston I only use for there bases as have good grey coverage. And nice brunette colours too. Illumina is really pearly and violet based so good for removing yellow tones however I I'd say colour touch is more vibrant ! But always use their developer I know it's breaking the rules which we do from time to time but it covers your back and u get better results x

Colour touch is a Demi. Koleston and illumina are both permanents. I only tone with ct and illumina with pastel. Koleston I only use for there bases as have good grey coverage. And nice brunette colours too. Illumina is really pearly and violet based so good for removing yellow tones however I I'd say colour touch is more vibrant ! But always use their developer I know it's breaking the rules which we do from time to time but it covers your back and u get better results x

Ok... I've made a mistake, toned my friends hair using KP 9/16? Is there any way to get rid of this or to make it fade back to the bleach which is under the toner? Thought KP was same as CT oops lol

I think what they are saying is "You shouldn't use a 3% as its mixing brands". Wellas pexoides always felt a little lower then normal to me.

Ok... I've made a mistake, toned my friends hair using KP 9/16? Is there any way to get rid of this or to make it fade back to the bleach which is under the toner? Thought KP was same as CT oops lol
Depending on how severe it is you could try cleanse it out with a clarifying shampoo, bleach bath or use a colour reducer. I would try the clarifying shampoo first as the others are a little harsher and toners don't last so usually washing out helps (unless the clients hair is gripping onto the pigment). What goal were you looking to achieve? And what level was your friend?

You can use permanents to tone and I'm I'm sure some people probably do tone with kokeston it's just personal preference. Why don't you like the result ?

You can tone with KP and pastel (pastel is 2% developer) I use this all the time and if you want a stronger peroxide with your CT they do make a CT 4% but I’d only reccomend using it with vibrant colours not really over blonde highlights

All three are permanent brand that can be used for toning or tinting.

All can be mixed 2:1 with pastel

KPI is color free from PPD
KP is classic tint
Illumina is a sheer colour

Hope that helps

All three are permanent brand that can be used for toning or tinting.

All can be mixed 2:1 with pastel

KPI is color free from PPD
KP is classic tint
Illumina is a sheer colour

Hope that helps
2:1 pastel so 2 toner and 1 pastel?

Latest posts

Back