Confused :-/ Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realised this probably came across as me being a little gruff.....that was not intended btw, the OP also asked if shellac was the best brand to get into. which is also why i answered before. x

I didn't take it as gruff lol, just thought it was going down the lamp route again and correct systems but you rightly pointed them in the right direction. So many choices available out there and its not economical to try everyone out.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Thankyou, I just find it really difficult to guage how i come across online.....you know how difficult it is to read peoples moods sometimes! lol. x

I'm not a nail tech so feel I can't comment on the technical side but I've had shellac applied on my nails in my salon. Our BT has just trained in Recolution and only reason felt able to comment was because of the bottle colour and hopefully helped OP. I know other systems also have black bottles.

So many choices and I feel unless we try them all it maybe hard to give unbiased reviews. Not that you did that btw.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Everyone's tone is absolutely fine :Love: all around!
However this thread was started back in August so I don't think the OP is still waiting on any answers!

Oops didn't notice that! Been a long must day

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Oh! i didn't realise that either! lol. I only saw it because it was on page one of the forum! lol

No worries...I have done the same thing myself recently :o

It certainly has been a long week Taggyboy so I am now off to unwind with some vino!

mine is deffo a vodka lime and lemonade......im signing off. Night geeks. x

I'm also confused......Can I please just clear something up....

Are you guys saying..... If a therapist is using Shellac base coat, Shellac Colour and Shellac Top coat, using the correct cure times BUT using a different lamp to cure. Then it shouldn't be classed as The Real Shellac???

Thanks in advance

But this was the recent question, so isn't that current? :confused:

Yeah, thats why i answered hun. im deffo going to sleep now. this is getting confuddling! x

Yeah, thats why i answered hun. im deffo going to sleep now. this is getting confuddling! x

Me too, that's why I asked ........lol. New here, so not sure how things work. Hope you get some good rest.

I'm also confused......Can I please just clear something up....

Are you guys saying..... If a therapist is using Shellac base coat, Shellac Colour and Shellac Top coat, using the correct cure times BUT using a different lamp to cure. Then it shouldn't be classed as The Real Shellac???

Thanks in advance

Absolutely. As others have stated, unless the correct CND lamp is used, a full CND Shellac service is not being provided (as proper cure cannot be guaranteed). There are lots of threads with more info about this here on Salon Geek, or I am about 20 minutes from Warwick if you want more info from a local Shellac addict! ;)

Last edited:
You are all technically right, and the new question that bumped this thread up has now also been clearly answered.....without starting a new lamp thread Halleluja!!

Let's never speak of this again ;)

You are all technically right, and the new question that bumped this thread up has now also been clearly answered.....without starting a new lamp thread Halleluja!!

Let's never speak of this again ;)

Amen. :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back