Confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattsl

Reaction score
Sorry gonna have a little rant, I'm a mobile therapist but for the last year I've worked one evening a week in my local salon. 5 weeks ago I received a txt from the owner saying things were slow and it was better to leave things! Next thing I know she's advertising on fb for a therapist! I'm really hurt by this. She hadn't paid me so I emailed her an invoice and said hoped things pick up and to call when they did, nothing no reply just a cheque in the post. I have a key to the premises which she hasn't even asked for, I'm not confrontational so don't know if to just leave it or say something, also I really enjoyed my job.

For whatever reason she doesnt want you to work there anymore.
Time to move on babe! X

Feel for you, but as Pinkknailss says just try to move on.

I personally would wait a few weeks and then goto the salon "just to drop the keys off " on a night I used to work and see if she got anyone else. But im nasty like that sometimes hehe ;)

Anyway I am sure things will work out for the best. :)

Id confront her, i wouldnt be able to help myself but clearly she cant handle confrontation either. Id mention that youve noticed that shes advertising for another therapist and then ask her where she thought you were lacking as a therapist so you know how to improve in order to become a better therapist. Then id tell her that perhaps if she spoke to you about it in the first place, she wouldnt be looking for a new therapist and you wouldnt be out of a job. (Ok maybe not say that last bit lol) Dont get me wrong, im not saying that you're lacking anything or that you need to be a better therapist but she must be thinking something along these lines due to her advertising employment. Dont let it get you down, you dont want to work for someone like that anyway.

Thanks ladies, I suppose I'm sad that after working together for a year she ended things in a txt, I'm also a little concerned she's perhaps not saying the nicest things about me to the clients now I've gone, ( she was a bit of a gossip) but perhaps with hindsight I'm better off out of it. X

Is she allowed to do that? :/

I agree with funtimefranko. Did you have a contract? If you did then she needs to follow strict guidelines! If it was something you were doing out of line you would need a verbal warning, if things didnt improve, a written warning, then she could take things futher. But if it was a redundancy (which she is trying to blame it on - due to no work) there are also strict guidelines to follow. She needs to give you about a months' notice of potential redundancies and also details of the redundancy package offered, if you were to be made redundant - and then also she wouldn't be able to hire anyone else for that position within a year of making that position redundant! If she was closing down due to bankruptcy then the rules are different...but she's not. Worth looking into it and potentially taking it further xxx

I agree with funtimefranko. Did you have a contract? If you did then she needs to follow strict guidelines! If it was something you were doing out of line you would need a verbal warning, if things didnt improve, a written warning, then she could take things futher. But if it was a redundancy (which she is trying to blame it on - due to no work) there are also strict guidelines to follow. She needs to give you about a months' notice of potential redundancies and also details of the redundancy package offered, if you were to be made redundant - and then also she wouldn't be able to hire anyone else for that position within a year of making that position redundant! If she was closing down due to bankruptcy then the rules are different...but she's not. Worth looking into it and potentially taking it further xxx
No. I was self employed with her and just invoiced her monthly so doesn't apply to me. I'm unware of anything I've done, just the week before all of this she gave me keys to the salon and I locked up for her!!

Oh that's a shame. I hope you get it sorted soon, but I think I'd have to say something - the idea above about going in on a day you worked to "drop the keys off" is a goodun :)

Sorry gonna have a little rant, I'm a mobile therapist but for the last year I've worked one evening a week in my local salon. 5 weeks ago I received a txt from the owner saying things were slow and it was better to leave things! Next thing I know she's advertising on fb for a therapist! I'm really hurt by this. She hadn't paid me so I emailed her an invoice and said hoped things pick up and to call when they did, nothing no reply just a cheque in the post. I have a key to the premises which she hasn't even asked for, I'm not confrontational so don't know if to just leave it or say something, also I really enjoyed my job.

Thank her very much for her cheque and ask her to please write you a letter of recommendation to cover the time you worked for her to add to your portfolio so that you can mention her salon to all your future customers - that should put the cat among the pigeons!

Latest posts

Back