Confusion with how to apply varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Soooo much information on how to apply Shellac. How many dips per nail? Do you put blob on middle of nail and push back to cuticle then pull to free edge? How many strokes? Im trying to keep my coat thin so im not putting alot of product on the brush but then i need to go for more as i cant get any coverage. Its a minefield. My head is sore any advice or tutorials that may help?

I put brush on middle of nail and push up so the brush fans out to create a cuticle line and then pull down. But im still perfecting this technique

This is a really good tutorial x

This is a really good tutorial x

Ive watched it Makenna. But today I read Geegs tutorial who said to put a blob in the middle and it should be enough for the full nail. Im afraid to put too much or not enough...aaarrrgghh getting hung up on the finer details.

Oh I haven't heard of that! I've been doing the tutorial method on myself and family and getting really good results. Have you got nail pops you can play around with and see what works for you? I'm doing the Shellac conversion course soon so it will be interesting to see which method they teach!

Where did you do your training? Was it at an Academy? My education ambassador showed us how to apply the polish and that has worked well for me. We even got taught how much polish to use and how wet the brush should be. With CND shellac, its absolute key information to getting it correct otherwise, it can lead to peeling etc.

Ps I also noticed you qualified last weekend, our Academy is closed at weekends, so intrigued with where you did your course? I would love a weekend class when it comes to skill building.

Where did you do your training? Was it at an Academy? My education ambassador showed us how to apply the polish and that has worked well for me. We even got taught how much polish to use and how wet the brush should be. With CND shellac, its absolute key information to getting it correct otherwise, it can lead to peeling etc.

Ps I also noticed you qualified last weekend, our Academy is closed at weekends, so intrigued with where you did your course? I would love a weekend class when it comes to skill building.
I trained in Ireland, 2day weekend course.

:)so are we now capping the free edge only once and not everytime we apply gel polish ? I am going to try that technique. The other videos are really cool too

The CND step-by-steps (on their website) use the 5 point polish technique. There's a handy printout too x

;):):):)Makenna your videos are really good and I found it very inspirational. Where can I watch some more. Hve u got a webpage. Am a real bore am not on instgram or facebook. U shud up load more on here. Can you please do a video on stamping.

;):):):)Makenna your videos are really good and I found it very inspirational. Where can I watch some more. Hve u got a webpage. Am a real bore am not on instgram or facebook. U shud up load more on here. Can you please do a video on stamping.
This is a video by Liverpool Lashes not Makenna, you can find many more on YouTube. If you like stamping, try Sarah R.

Also you should be still capping each layer.
I trained in Ireland, 2day weekend course.
Wish we could have weekend courses, the Academy only opens its shop at a weekend once a month :(

Sorry Cassandra these are not mine! As SiennaKate said the videos are by Liverpool Lashes.
If you search Liverpool Lashes on YouTube you will find her channel, she is really good!

@LiverpoolLashes xx

thanks for that I,ll look up the videos. Thanks for posting anyways.

Latest posts

Back