Confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kez287

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anybody could help me!!!! I'm doing my assignment on Nail Enhancements at the moment and i'm quite confused on own of the question - 'List the chemicals incorporated in Acrylic, Gel, Silk and Fibreglass (Wrap) Systems and state their level of toxicity' does this mean all ingredients??? and with the toxicity level is that the percentage of chemical in the product??? Now i've been looking through all my notebooks and on the internet and i can't find nothing and all companies have said they can't help me because i'm not currently fulyl qualified and to phone back when i am. I'm using CND products and Salon System tools in college but as they are only starter packs none of the ingredients is lister. Also just to query do / would you used nail enhancement on pregnant women?? is it safe?? because i know alot of salons that do allow it but the college doesn't because apparently it's unsafe due to the chemicals absorbing through the nail bed into the blood stream, i just wanted to clear it up as a friend of mine is pregnant and wants acrylic nails for a wedding. Sorry for rambling on and any help would be muchly appreciated, thank you.

Kelly x

withour lookin.. off the top of my head- im sure the "complete nail technician" By Marian Newman has the chemical componets of the systems .. the toxicity levels.. geeeezzz im not sure and its a bit of a big question as im almost sure thats not a requirement of level 2 or 3.. to understand the chemicals that you are using sure... toxicity..hmmm.. good luck..

ohhh and this informationis also held in the COSHH/MDSS sheets..your training establishment MUST always have copies handy.- go ask them for a gander.... also NSI have the info on every product on their website...its brilliant

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:grr: what is the point in colleges if they are not going to teach the correct information...makes my blood boil :mad:

The chemicals in the product.....yes the ingredients, it may help you to understand about what a chemical is....everything you can see or touch, except light and electricity is a chemical....thats EVERYTHING.

Do yourself a massive massive favour and buy yourself Doug Schoons Nail Structure and Product Chemistry you will learn the real facts and have a greater understanding.

You can tell your friend she is absolutely totally safe to have her nails done for her wedding or whenever she would like....your teacher is wrong....nothing will absorb through a nail plate into a nail bed and then into the blood stream...everything we use is safe when used correctly and perfecctly safe for a pregnant woman.

Latest posts

Back