Consent for manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi , I have a lady who has asked me to do a manicure on her mum who has recently had a stroke .I have asked her to get doctors consent before hand , she said she ll phone them today ... am I wrong if I ask for the consent in writing/email ?

If the woman is unable to communicate and has had something severe like a stroke, I don't think it's wrong. The doctor is best to advise if it's okay too, as there may be something underlying that he wouldn't recommend a treatment like this. On the other hand, he may recommend this kind of touch is good. I don't know, but it's better to be safe than sorry so I say you're right to do so.

A lot depends on the extent of the stroke and how recent was it?
Is the client now at home or still in hospital receiving treatments from doctors, physio or occupational therapist?
Can the client speak at all?

I think you did completely the right thing here, the damage done after a stroke are completely different depending on a multitude of factors and you are definitely right in asking for the doctors consent, even for just peace of mind! :)

Latest posts

Back