Consultation cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allergies are very important things to be aware of. From reading this forum I know how much everyone loves their Solar Oil but its main ingredient is Sweet Almond Oil which is not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy.

Thanks Safire I didn't know that!
That's an important thing to know

That's a good idea.
Thanks so much Ambur, you've been very helpful.

One last qu? Why would thyroid issues be a problem?

An underactive thyroid can cause anything from fatigue to dry skin, hair, and nails. Dry nails become brittle. So, you can see if your client has thyroid problems, and you will be able to help her by suggesting tips to help her nails.

And you're very welcome!! Glad I could help. :)

Allergies are very important things to be aware of. From reading this forum I know how much everyone loves their Solar Oil but its main ingredient is Sweet Almond Oil which is not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy.

I did not know that!! I guess I've never paid attention to what the main ingredients were. Thank you so much for pointing that out! Honestly, I've told my clients I only need to know about allergies that are salon related, as some clients will write down anything from seasonal allergies, to cats, dogs, and dust! It would be very important to know that they're allergic to nuts! Thanks again. :o

U were a huge help Ambur.
xx
I have an underactive thyroid that's why I asked. Doesn't affect my nails though, thankfully.

Marking this for future purpose. Using my phone so only allowed to keep a tab on the thread by replying. Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hi, this confused me because I was reading a thread on here a while ago which said that almonds were seeds not nuts, so were perfectly safe for nut allergy sufferers.

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=147158

Hope this link works. I know it's a slight tangent off the OP, but now im not quite sure what is right regarding the solar oil and nut allergies.

One last qu? Why would thyroid issues be a problem?

It has been proven that Thyroid medication has a side effect of making your nail surface oily/slippery.

And thyroid medication is a contraindication for lash extensions as it can make the lashes fall out.

So good to see so many therapists taking responsibility for not only their salons but the safety of their clients.

In this day and age I'd be mad not to have a client intake form!

Hi, this confused me because I was reading a thread on here a while ago which said that almonds were seeds not nuts, so were perfectly safe for nut allergy sufferers.

Nut allergy & solar oil - Salon Geek

Hope this link works. I know it's a slight tangent off the OP, but now im not quite sure what is right regarding the solar oil and nut allergies.

Interesting thread. Almonds may not technically be a nut but they still have properties similar to a nut & people can still have allergic reactions to them - yep, I'm one of them! Thankfully my reaction is mild but it is still unpleasant. Whether I'm eating them or use a product with it I come out in hives :( Maybe some people who have nut allergies are able to eat almonds & not have a problem - but do you want to run the risk?? I think it is important to ask if they have a nut allergy & then if they know how they are with almonds.

Latest posts

Back