Consultations-your recommendations or what the client wants?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd ask the question, when providing a consultation for a client, do you complete the service that you suggest would be appropriate for them, or complete the service that the client wants.......?

As an example.....E.g. After client consultation, taking into account structure of natural nail, work, hobbies, light handed etc, In my professional opinion Gel nails would be appropriate. However, my client has come in with the expressed intention that they only want l&p..........would you go against your professional opinion and provide an l&p service?.................................over to you guys.....:) x

They tell me what they want, we do a consultation and I then tell them what would be best for them according to their lifestyle and the condition of their natural nails. If they still want their first choice, I give it to them anyway but explain why I think a different system may be more suited to them.

Xx

The client's personal preference is what I do .. Of course .. They are paying me for the service they ask for. It is however, noted on their CRC that we did not agree on the service recommendation.

I'm the same, my clients tell me what they want, I do the consult and if I feel a different service would be better suited, I tell them and why, if they still wish to go with what they want, then I will do it but explain any possible problems that might occur due to their lifestyle, work, nail condition etc.

We are paid to give our clients what they want.

Hi could I ask what reasons you would give for choosing l&p over gel or vice versa or is it based mostly on strength ie l&p for heavy handed clients. Thanks

The client's personal preference is what I do .. Of course .. They are paying me for the service they ask for. It is however, noted on their CRC that we did not agree on the service recommendation.

I'm with you on this one Geeg :)

X

Hi could I ask what reasons you would give for choosing l&p over gel or vice versa or is it based mostly on strength ie l&p for heavy handed clients. Thanks

You've answered your own question really Hun, I'd use l & p on more heavy handed clients, and use gel on a client that is not so hard on their nails. I use fibreglass as well, to compliment natural nail care clients. X

i can only advise clients on what would be best for them but it is always their choice....i just explain to them that i cannot guarantee longevity x

In all beauty, nails and hair, as a professional during the consultation you advise what you think in your professional opinion would be best, and explain why, if they chose to go against this and go with their original choice, due to customer service, you should do what they are asking so long as they are fully aware as to why you advise against it, it's still their choice and they are paying you for what they want.

If you went to have your hair cut its long and just want a trim, your stylists advises you it's awfully damaged and needs a good few inches off, you still want a trim, but they say again why not try a bob it would suit your face and xyz, no thank you I would still like a trim, just an inch, what would you do if they then cut your hair off because they know best? Would you pay? Would you go back?

No you wouldn't, she needs to learn for herself that your right, and maybe next time will take your advise :)

Latest posts

Back