Contact lenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I'm gonna stop thinking about it until the time comes, it's only Tuesday, I have days before iv gotta go lol I think waiting for it makes it worse! Lol x

I have been wearing glasses for 11 years and I get where your coming from with the make up etc! I have lash extensions and I cover them up withy glasses!! I decided to try contacts years ago because I was going to florida and didn't want to mess around with my glasses on the rides. I didn't like them much because I have really dry eyes but I have got desperate recently and wear monthly ones which I find are better than dailies but they are still bugging me, some days they are fine others I can't wait to rip them out and put my glasses on. I pop the lens onto the white of my eye and it just slides onto my pupil because I can't pop it directly onto the pupil. One of my lenses did once go behind my eye and I was walking around unknowingly until ironically I was in optical express looking at glasses and it popped out! Everyone is different but I'm sure you will love them! I pay £16 a month for solution and lenses which I re use everyday for the month at boots. They do an eye test and give you some trail ones to put in yourself, they can tell you how if you need but they just need to watch you put them in so they know you can do it and then go back after a couple of days/weeks for a check up and go from there.

I have been wearing glasses for 11 years and I get where your coming from with the make up etc! I have lash extensions and I cover them up withy glasses!! I decided to try contacts years ago because I was going to florida and didn't want to mess around with my glasses on the rides. I didn't like them much because I have really dry eyes but I have got desperate recently and wear monthly ones which I find are better than dailies but they are still bugging me, some days they are fine others I can't wait to rip them out and put my glasses on. I pop the lens onto the white of my eye and it just slides onto my pupil because I can't pop it directly onto the pupil. One of my lenses did once go behind my eye and I was walking around unknowingly until ironically I was in optical express looking at glasses and it popped out! Everyone is different but I'm sure you will love them! I pay £16 a month for solution and lenses which I re use everyday for the month at boots. They do an eye test and give you some trail ones to put in yourself, they can tell you how if you need but they just need to watch you put them in so they know you can do it and then go back after a couple of days/weeks for a check up and go from there.

I don't think I will be able to put it on directly over my pupil either, I will have to do what you said and put it on the white of my eye. The thing that worries me is getting them out but people say that's easy lol x

Getting them out is the easy bit!

I have to go for another check up as they won't release my lenses until I do as apparently it has to be done every year. Effort! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just waiting for my trial lenses to arrive but just wondered how those of you wearing lenses currently get on when you get a bout of Hayfever?

I'm looking at getting coloured lenses? Where's the best place? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been wearing contacts for 25 years and I love them. I wear daily disposables and have to have a toric lens due to astigmatism.

The ones I have now are called Clariti silicon hydrogel, they are a bit more expensive but so comfortable it's worth it.
Last week when I went for my check up the Optician suggested I try mono vision as I can't focus close up to work (I'm short sighted) but want to. Now I have a lens in one eye for close up and the other eye is for distance. Sounds strange but it works, it's as if the eye you are not using your brain ignores. I've got the best of both worlds now.

Must admit I have a brilliant independent family Optician that nothing is too much trouble. I could go in tomorrow and say I don't like these lenses and they would order as many trials as needed at no charge until we got the right ones. Been with the high street chain ones and they can't come close to them
Vicki x

Tried to get an appointment today as had a cancelation, but they didn't have any free spaces (wanted to get it over and done with! Lol) . I was very nervous on the phone at the thought of going today. What am I gonna be like going tomorrow! Haha x

Well I turned up at my appointment today, spoke to one of the girls whilst I was waiting and she said my prescription is quite low and might not be able to have contacts yet. I asked her if the optician has to put them in first and she said yes but they do it so quickly you don't even notice. I was surprised at how relaxed I was after feeling nervous all week. I was feeling brave and ready to go, then they had to cancel my appointment as they had a complication with a client (fair enough) gutted! Don't know if I'll pluck the courage up to go again though! X

Well I turned up at my appointment today, spoke to one of the girls whilst I was waiting and she said my prescription is quite low and might not be able to have contacts yet. I asked her if the optician has to put them in first and she said yes but they do it so quickly you don't even notice. I was surprised at how relaxed I was after feeling nervous all week. I was feeling brave and ready to go, then they had to cancel my appointment as they had a complication with a client (fair enough) gutted! Don't know if I'll pluck the courage up to go again though! X

Oh bummer. What a palava (sp?)!
Seeing as you were quite relaxed, give it a go again ;) my optician has never put my lenses in for me. Not even when I 1st got them. Was always me xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think the worst thing for me is waiting for the appointment. I keep thinking about it day and night! I haven't eaten very well these last couple of days from being so nervous about it. I get myself worked up about things too much :-( most people think I'm being stupid but I can't help the way I am. I need to man up and stop worrying so much! Lol easier said than done though x

I have been a contact lense wearer for many, many years...was too vain to wear my glasses when I was a teenager! I still wear lenses but now I have a 'glasses' day a couple of times a week...not so vain now I'm older :cool: Don't listen to the scary stories & give them a try. I go to Boots Opticians & have never had a problem. Btw my OH also prefers me with glasses on..:)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back