Contact lenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to wear gas permeable lenses no probs and have tried so many times with soft lenses. I'm desperate to wear them and can put them in but can't get them out :( any hints or tips as I hate wearing glasses!

I've worn contacts for years. Could never go back to glasses (unless I have to of course, touch wood I won't). I feel so self conscious, shy and geeky in my glasses. Just hate them.

I've had a few issues with contact lenses but that's just me and my bad eyes :( I'm blind as a bat without them and been told even if I have laser, I'll still need glasses :(

A few times I've "lost" my lenses at the very bottom or top of my eye (as if it was round the back) it soon works it's way out though lol

Go for it. You will wonder why you haven't done it sooner.

I get monthly lenses (1 pair a month) and it's £13 per month including lense check ups and 50% discount on glasses xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the same experience as someone said before. Cheap nasty lenses from specsavers...awful customer care. I moved to boots to a lovely lovely lady :) I will go back there when I need a check up next. She saved my eyesight quite honestly!

I now wear acuvue oasys (or something) they're 2 weekly disposable so a bit cheaper than dailies x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Forgot to say mine last a month per set x

I've been wearing contacts for a while now an I love the refreshing feeling I get when I wake up in the morning an put them on lol I know I'm weird. But I do enjoy wearing my glasses when I want to relax my eyes or just sport them on my days off. I love contacts because I love looking at everyone's eyes lol but sometimes glasses enhance your eyes and sometimes they don't. The only bad thing I can say about contacts is that for me at least my eyes get Irritated after a long day with eye makeup on or dry and sometimes do get alil annoying but for the most part there a plus! 👍

I was dreaming about contact lenses last night. Knew I would lol x

I have booked an appointment for a trial on Friday, I'm nervous already! Lol x

I've worn glasses for over 20 years, and contacts for about 15.

The first instant you put them in, I'm not gonna lie, it feels like hell on earth. My opticians put them in and then let me go for a walk around the shops with my mum. Then they took them back out. They did that a few times. They showed me how to put them in and out, etc to make sure that everything was fine. Then they showed me how to clean and store them. You get used to handling them REALLY quickly.

I've now moved onto monthly lenses that you sleep in, etc. OMG!! I actually love them. I can wake up in the middle of the night and SEE!

I pay about £15 a month which includes check ups from an independent opticians. I'll never go back for as long as I can wear these :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This might be a stupid question but... They said the optician gives you some lenses to take home and see how you feel. I presume these are just clear lenses so you can practise putting them in and taking them out? They obviously have to order your prescription lenses which takes a while to come? X

This might be a stupid question but... They said the optician gives you some lenses to take home and see how you feel. I presume these are just clear lenses so you can practise putting them in and taking them out? They obviously have to order your prescription lenses which takes a while to come? X

They'll give you the right prescription ones! They have stocks of trial lenses.

You'll notice your depth perception will be off till you get used to them. Stairs were a nightmare for a few days!

The only time they give you a non prescription one is if you trial coloured lenses!

Good luck for Friday.

I have worn contacts since 16yrs of age. Hard lenses, then went onto soft lenses. I have now had lazer on my eyes and have 20 20 vision, best thing I ever did. I went to Optimax in Manchester.

I've worn glasses for over 20 years, and contacts for about 15.

The first instant you put them in, I'm not gonna lie, it feels like hell on earth. My opticians put them in and then let me go for a walk around the shops with my mum. Then they took them back out. They did that a few times. They showed me how to put them in and out, etc to make sure that everything was fine. Then they showed me how to clean and store them. You get used to handling them REALLY quickly.

I've now moved onto monthly lenses that you sleep in, etc. OMG!! I actually love them. I can wake up in the middle of the night and SEE!

I pay about £15 a month which includes check ups from an independent opticians. I'll never go back for as long as I can wear these :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

What kind of lenses are these? I think I could cope wearing them like this but putting them in everyday freaks me out. I had a trial once and was fine the first time I put them in then after that I just couldn't do it. Xxx

I should be alright as long as the optician doesn't put them in for me! I want to do it myself! lol the lady on the phone said that I can put them in myself x

Last edited:
I've been wearing them for 7 years and I can't live without them, I wear them from the minute I wake up till an hour before bed. I'm extremely used to them, I've never had any issues or infections. I have had a scratched cornea once from falling asleep in them, it wasn't bad though and healed within 24 hours.
I wear the acuave soft lenses and I love them, so so comfortable, I don't get dry eyes (barely do) if I do I just use tear drops.
I also wear prescription colour contacts and day & night contacts.
I can touch my eyes without a problem, it may feel strange at the beginning but you will adapt within a month.
To be honest, (not encouraging anyone to do it), I've slept in my contacts for probably 2 weeks straight and they never move. Sometimes they do to the side but nothing bad.
They're great I highly recommend them, I never wear glasses anymore!

I have worn contacts daily for 14 years now and wouldn't be without them. They cannot get 'lost' so don't worry about that.

They take a few days to get used to, but it all becomes second nature after a while.

Just a word of advice- you do get what you pay for in terms if comfort. I have tried so many types- monthly, fortnightly, daily, etc etc.

By far the best (and the most expensive) are Johnson & Johnson Accuvue Trueye. You don't know you're wearing them, but are rather expensive at £40 a month. Highly recommended! :)

Hth

xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if I can do it :-( I'm abit of a whimp and too nervous about something in my eye! Maybe I should think about it abit longer x

I don't know if I can do it :-( I'm abit of a whimp and too nervous about something in my eye! Maybe I should think about it abit longer x

Honestly just try them, you wont know until you try x

There's nothing to think about. Have your trial, if you don't like them, don't sign up! ;) simples lol xxx

One minute I'm feeling brave, the next minute I'm scared! Haha x

One minute I'm feeling brave, the next minute I'm scared! Haha x

Haha doooo it. You only live once ;) lol xxx

Latest posts

Back