Content of a newsletter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Following on from another thread, can anyone give me some ideas of what to ACTUALLY include in a newsletter - Being my first one?

Introduction, but as I haven't done one yet, this seems tricky. You don't want the letter to look bare but don't want to bore them either.

I am going to give my regular clients a copy, with details of recommend a friend in the ltter and leave a pile out for the hairdressing client's that do not book in with me at present.

A lot of the client base are the more mature and have been loyal clients for years, so I am trying to work out what is the best promotion . offer for them to target.

ANy help, I would really appreciate, as I am rather stuck!

Carly x

To save costs, I design my newsletter on Publisher & send it to my clients by e-mail. This enables the newsletter to be brief as I include hyperlinks that take them to more detailed information that I host on my salon website. Those clients without e-mail I post a brief version to & have a laminated one in the reception area.

I try to keep the content interesting so it doesn't just come across as a sales vehicle. I have a promotion at the moment on my radiance revealing facials for those with that post-christmas & wintry dull skin. I also have a launch of my chocolate body wraps for Valentine's Day & a 'sale' on large sized cleansers & toners. Rather than just list what cleansers & toners were in the sale & what's being saved I put a little bit about why a cleanser should be used, what a good cleanser does & how to use them.

I alwasy try to put tips in that interest them - a bit on using essential oils for winter colds helps to increase essential oil sales for example, a bit on how to file your nails properly & the importance of a good quality nail file helps to sell your nail files, a piece on the importance of face masques helps to sell these etc etc. When doing spotlights on essential oils I also put a little bit in about their folklore as this also keeps the content interesting.

In short it's a way not only of promoting your treatments & products but also your skills & knowledge. Hope this helps!

Hi, I started doing this and sent my 3rd out the other day.
I put about any new treatments I'm now offering, latest special offers, a reminder about about ongoing incentives (e.g. recommend a friend), and I then write a tips and helpful information piece on something. The last one I did was all about the benefits of massage, as this then describes treatments that clients may not of yet had.
I always finish with my contact details and web site, just in case they haven't been for awhile and have lost my details.

That's an idea - For what ever treatment you have on offer, to write about the benefits.

That way, they will see why it is good for them, along with the offer price!

Thanks for that.

Anyone else got a template idea or suggestion?

Carly x

If you search the threads I think there was one a few days ago that had about news letter templates.

Come on guys!

What do you think / consider important to include in your newsletter, especially being your first one?

I have a draft but without any ideas / inspiration, I won't know what to include.

Please help :)

Carly x

I haven't done one yet... but how about

- Promotion
- Attaching a list of all services in case someone has forgotten some of the services you offer (hey, they might forward to a friend...)
- Nail care tips, new one each newsletter
- Link to policies to remind them
- A 'focus' on one particular product if you do retail, and include all the info you can on it...
- Add a 'what's new' for 2009 versus 2008 if you have any new skills or whatever..
- Blurb about a client referral program if you have one, and an encouragement to them to forward the email.

umm ran out of ideas...

hth's
:hug:

If you pm me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the one I've just sent out. Might not be what you are looking for, but maybe give you some inspiration.

Hth's

Latest posts

Back