Contour makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
I am no pro in makeup by all means but im wanting to try out contouring on my own face im just wondering whats the best products to use & tools! My skin can sometimes be dry and i use a skin face moisturiser everyday before applying my foundation i currently use the double wear by estee lauder, if anyone can help me or give me any tips it would be much appreciated :) thankyou

Contouring has so so many factors involved. Face shape, eye shape, camouflaging flaws, highlighting, it can be done before or after foundation. Theres so many ways.

Thankyou i just want the basics i.e highlighting around the eyes nose and cheeks, ive seen quite a few videos but im just not sure what the best nakeup is for this xx

It depends on your eye shape and face shape. Anastasia beverly hills have a good contour palette. I would start with something cheap whilst you're still learning though.

I do have something st the minute hyt tbh its crap, i think its too dry for my face i also think i need one of them sponges, i have seen the anastacia ones but is it only in the us? X

Im in Australia and they sell it here. Maybe look online. If your skin is dry, use cream contour instead of powder and set it with translucent powder when you set your foundation. Keep in mind cream products cant be applied after you apply powder products. Maybe look at some tutorials on youtube to determine your face shape and how to contour it accordingly

Maybe it's the double wear, have you tried a lighter foundation that might be more suitable for dry skin? I don't use estee lauder myself so can't really say for sure, but I've read that the double wear light is supposed to be better for dryer skins.

I use the Avon bronzing stick from the Arabian glow collection. I love it because it's creamy. But I'm afraid it's going to be a lot of trial and error until you find the right techniques for you. Try not to wait until your going out to practice make up. When I was training in the evening I used to apply a full face of make up practicing different looks. Because then there's no rush no panic if something doesn't go right or if something doesn't suit you x

Personally I love to use mac prolong wear concealer 2 shades lighter than my skin tone
I apply this under both my eyes in an upside down triangle shape, centre of my forehead, down my nose a little bit on my chin and Cupid's bow. I like to pat this into my skin using a damp beauty blender (you can buy on Amazon)
For contour I love ashy tones so my go to contour powder is a blusher by mac called harmony! As other posters have said it depends on your face shape but generally I apply the powder under my cheekbones, and around the outside of my forehead (hope that makes sense) and sometimes either side of my nose!

The concealer
image.jpg

Contour powder
image.jpg

And these are my fav brushes to use to contour all three brushes are from real techniques. Please excuse the makeup on them I've not washed them today yet!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 37
I have the anastasia Beverly Hills powder pallet very easy to use. You can find where to highlight and contour on pinterest as a guide.

Thankyou guys for your help i will have a look at both! I do like the effects i see of both those makeup makes, i know mac do an hour session on how to contour so i may try that xx

For practice sleek do a good contour kit for about £6, the contour powder is a good colour for a cheapy, no orange and no sparkle. Or urban decay naked flush are lovely and I second Anastasia Beverly Hills contour pallets but that is more expensive but you can choose between a powder or cream contour set which is awesome, real techniques do a good contour brush called "sculpting brush" which is shaped to fit under your cheek bone which makes application easier. It's a limited edition metallic pink handled one and I love it! Most importantly remember to blend, blend then blend some more to avoid the dreaded stripy mars bar look that I see every where! Good luck xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1439022061.791675.jpg

This is the brush I was on about, my friend couldn't get the hang of contouring but I bought this for her and showed her how to use it and she found it much easier xx

That is a very good brush. I rarely contour but that brush does make it really easy.

Have you tried Eco Minerals from Byron Bay in Australia. Its just been launched in the UK.

Love love love

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back