Contract advice??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie g

Reaction score
Hello there!
For the last 2 and a half years I have been renting a room in a hairdressing salon and business has been so good that I would like to expand and open my own salon.
I'm terrified and excited, aware that some of my clients won't follow me as new salon premises are about 2 miles away, but whats life without a risk or two!
Now for the confusing bit..... When I started at the salon, I signed a contract that ties me in for 3 months and my business head tells me that to give the new business a good chance, I need to get it up and running before Christmas.
The contract I signed was only a temporary one and since signing, there have been some changes, which I think, may make it null and void.
Also, as a licenced salon, Environmental health have asked for some structural changes to the room, which the salon have not yet done, does this give me a get out clause?
Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Ask Citizens Advice Bureau . . . I think those tie-in clauses are difficult for the salon to enforce anyway, but check.
Why such a rush though? if you stay where you are until xmas has passed you'll be busy taking money over the busy period in your current salon and can take your time setting up your new place in jan when it's quiet and you won't have to turn away as many clients. You might end up stressing yourself out completely if you try and sort it all before xmas, and don't forget it will also take a lot of your time just contacting all your clients to let them know where you're going to be.

Latest posts

Back