Contract to employ!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there

Just looking into employing a new tech/manicurisit. Has anyone got any pointers with regard to contract details i.e... how long do they need to stay commited to you before you let them leave with your knowledge free of charge etc...

If any one has a copy of their contract as an Employer or Employee I would be most grateful. An indication of wage structure would be good too.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a copy of mine. However no matter how long I work for my boss, within 1 year after I quit I cannot work within a 6 mile radius. That's really the main point.......everything else is just outlined in the employee handbook which on the contract is a box to be checked saying "i've read the handbook"

Hi Gina, I have pm'd you.

Hi sarah im sorry i did not come to see u not been to well but id like to meet u and ask u some stuff about my rights like she wants to now how much i pay into my buiness account each week love sharon x

thenaillounge said:
Hi there

Just looking into employing a new tech/manicurisit. Has anyone got any pointers with regard to contract details i.e... how long do they need to stay commited to you before you let them leave with your knowledge free of charge etc...

If any one has a copy of their contract as an Employer or Employee I would be most grateful. An indication of wage structure would be good too.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

when i was employed (that was for 3yrs, 3 yrs ago) i didnt have a written contract just a verbal one but i trusted my employers and they trusted me i guess i was lucky there
i was told that all the clients i had were the salons clients and not mine if i chose to leave so i couldnt tell anyone when i left (im far to honest so when i left i hardly said a thing to my clients, only abt 5 regs who i knew would come with me but as i was setting up nearer home it was a bit too far for a lot of clients)
i was also told that i had to give at least 1 weeks notice (we had a girl leave next day just b4 chirstmas talk abt nightmare!!!...lol) as i was paid weekly
i will add that when i handed my notice in i was then told i had to give them 4 wks but being the kind person i am i already had said id work 5 wks (not great when you cant tell any clients)
with regards to pay i started on £130 a wk as a junior tech (that was 1998 and i was only 19- it was alot of money from being an unemployed beauty student...lol) then it went up to £160 after 4 months and it was increased each yr and then as my old empolyers valued me they also gave me abt a 20% pay rise so i was on £240 a wk (abt £6 an hr) when i left-please bare in mind that was back in 2000/01 so im sure it is different now on the pay front and i admit i could never go back to being empolyed.....lol!!
hope that helps
i do think it is good that you are looking into having a written contract with your employees not only does it protect you but also your techs you employ so everyone is happy:)

Jess
xox

Thanks for your response Jess, I was thinking of a basic wage of aprox £240, so if bad week £240 would be taken home. Hoping for tech to be rushed off her tootsies, so her 40% commission rate would be better, if she is doing same as me should be getting a good £350 - £400.

Do you think this is a fair system to use. Jersey prices are more like London's really and I want to pay my tech fairly to ensure she is dedicated to me.

Kind Regards

Latest posts

Back