Converting foils, balyage. Help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi all! I'm kinda new to this. love reading the posts, only posted one other time.

:eek:

I'm new to balyage - have done it a few times on blocks & clients but I'm not massively experienced with it but LOVE doing it. :biggrin:

I have a client who has done highlights for years. at the moment her current hair situation is:
approx. 4 months of natural regrowth (level 6)
a level 8 gingery band approx. 3/4 months worth of growth
ends very light blonde midlengths to ends (bleached and rather porous) & her hair is long - down to the belly button.

she doesn't want highlights anymore as she doesn't like the upkeep nor the look. I suggested balyage and showed her some photos and she wants to move forward in that direction. but now I'm thinking ombre/colour melt might be a better option .... not sure what you think? she wears her hair both wavy & straight depending on her mood.

I would be grateful for some advice for the best way of doing this and making it look fantastic and I know you all have such amazing advice!! she wants to keep to blondes but she's massively open to tones.

btw - I use wella colours in my salon so any good formulas would be greatly appreciated too :)

thanks soooooo much!

Latest posts

Back