Converting to another gel polish brand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnax

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm thinking of converting to CND Shellac or Artistic Colour Gloss. Can anyone give me pros and cons of both in your personal experience? I'm currently using a brand that I'm fed up with and need the change!

Thanks in advance.

I'm 99% CND Shellac. I have been since I started. It's hard for me to change to anything else Bc nothing else in my opinion holds up, goes on easier, comes off quicker than that. I would love to use strictly OPI Gel (Bc of the colors) but it takes foreverrrrr for it to come off. Me and my clients do not have time for that. I've also tried DND- that takes forever to come off to, and I don't like to drill gel off natural nails.

I went with CND Shellac for some of Melissa's reasons - but I have found over the years that it does not suit everyone, especially those with thin bendy nails who struggle to get 7 days or so without chipping without an overlay underneath it. Just something to bear in mind.

Thank you ladies. I'm currently using OPI GelColour and we just don't get on. I'm having wear issues no matter the clients nail health, even the OPI rep is stumped. I use their entire system. Thank you for both you responses, i will give it a good think over before i make a decision.

Have a try of nsi polish pro if you can. It's really very nice I think.

I converted to ink london ilac a year ago from shellac and absolutely love it. I find it
Much more hardwearinf than shellac, and there's much more
Colour variety too :)

I'm 99% CND Shellac. I have been since I started. It's hard for me to change to anything else Bc nothing else in my opinion holds up, goes on easier, comes off quicker than that. I would love to use strictly OPI Gel (Bc of the colors) but it takes foreverrrrr for it to come off. Me and my clients do not have time for that. I've also tried DND- that takes forever to come off to, and I don't like to drill gel off natural nails.

If your having problems with the OPI gelcolor add some heated mitts all except one person I have to use a bonder on have 15 mins soaks and it flakes off. :)

I too use a bit of bonder on the free edge for lasting performance from gelcolor.

I've tried shellac, artistic colour gloss, gelish and Jessica gelerations and I've now settled with cuccio veneer for me it's definitely the best I've tried xxxx

Latest posts

Back