Copper residue left after brown semi washed out over my blonde high lift tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myworld

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for reading my post.
I've had highlights with high lift tint and i decided to dye the underneath light brown with a semi permanent, the colour didn't last long and washed out to leave a coppery orange colour which i hate. Not wanting to bleach it because of losing condition or tint it as i don't think it will lift the copper colour out. I decided to keep using the semis in light brown underneath, but it is getting more coppery every time it washes out and now even when i put the light brown on top it's more like red brown because the underlying copper colour shows through.
Help how can i remove it? also before you ask i did not use a red/brown just the lightest brown i could find. Looked OK on strand test not red just a nice brown.

I really want low lights with a semi on the rest of my hair as it's a very block blond colour, but if it's just going to wash out after a few weeks and leave the copper colour behind then i guess i would rather grow it out. The same thing happened on my mums hair looked great at first then washed out to leave copper brassy colour. It seems all browns have this underlying colour copper/orange/red even though i did not use a red brown. If i had only known.
Will this happen with an ash brown, does this have any underlying red at all? Sounds like a stupid question but then i never expected copper residue to be left behind after dying light brown.

I did a strand test on the highlighted hair with a light ash brown then took it outside in bright sunlight and could not see any traces of red or green, just a lovely brown almost perfect match to my natural colour. I know about putting the red back in and all that. But i think my golden blond hair counteracts this happening (re going green).
My question is what colour will i be left with when the ash brown washes out?
sorry about the essay!
Thanks Ruby

Hi,
thanks for reading my post.
I've had highlights with high lift tint and i decided to dye the underneath light brown with a semi permanent, the colour didn't last long and washed out to leave a coppery orange colour which i hate. Not wanting to bleach it because of losing condition or tint it as i don't think it will lift the copper colour out. I decided to keep using the semis in light brown underneath, but it is getting more coppery every time it washes out and now even when i put the light brown on top it's more like red brown because the underlying copper colour shows through.
Help how can i remove it? also before you ask i did not use a red/brown just the lightest brown i could find. Looked OK on strand test not red just a nice brown.

I really want low lights with a semi on the rest of my hair as it's a very block blond colour, but if it's just going to wash out after a few weeks and leave the copper colour behind then i guess i would rather grow it out. The same thing happened on my mums hair looked great at first then washed out to leave copper brassy colour. It seems all browns have this underlying colour copper/orange/red even though i did not use a red brown. If i had only known.
Will this happen with an ash brown, does this have any underlying red at all? Sounds like a stupid question but then i never expected copper residue to be left behind after dying light brown.

I did a strand test on the highlighted hair with a light ash brown then took it outside in bright sunlight and could not see any traces of red or green, just a lovely brown almost perfect match to my natural colour. I know about putting the red back in and all that. But i think my golden blond hair counteracts this happening (re going green).
My question is what colour will i be left with when the ash brown washes out?
sorry about the essay!
Thanks Ruby

Hi, Ruby I cannot tell from your profile if you are a hairdresser or not ?

No i'm not well apart from period hairdressing but not colouring.

Latest posts

Back