Coronavirus and hand sanitising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Rose2016

Reaction score
Ok so I maybe jumping the gun here but I'm thinking of introducing a hand sanitizer for all of my clients to use as they enter my treatment room. It may be no use at all but i'm thinking somethings better than nothing. Any thoughts?

Always have used it from the first day of my training 16 years ago

Always have used it from the first day of my training 16 years ago
Morning, thank you for your reply.
I qualified last August and was trained to use it before working on each client but was never instructed to ask the clients to use it before waxing. I also attend salons have have never been asked to sanitize my hands before being waxed. Moving forward I will definitely being asking my clients to participate. Thanks again!

Morning, thank you for your reply.
I qualified last August and was trained to use it before working on each client but was never instructed to ask the clients to use it before waxing. I also attend salons have have never been asked to sanitize my hands before being waxed. Moving forward I will definitely being asking my clients to participate. Thanks again!

There's no downside to good hygiene practices, coronavirus or not. Hospitals ask you to use hand sanitiser on entering whether you're having an operation or just visiting.

They don’t mind the handcream afterwards so they have to put up with the gel cleanser beforehand lol

Ok so I maybe jumping the gun here but I'm thinking of introducing a hand sanitizer for all of my clients to use as they enter my treatment room. It may be no use at all but i'm thinking somethings better than nothing. Any thoughts?

On a normal workday a sanitiser on the wall would be really useful and helpful. For when they arrive and when we have already washed but need to touch eg light switch, blind, adjust couch.

At the moment its needed in healthcare settings and people are hoarding it. So as long as we can get hold of soap this is something that could be implemented in future instead to ease the stockpiling so people that really need it have access to it. I usually use a hand size one so I am not going nuts and installing one right now. I’ve considered paper towels etc and blue roll dispensers but now is not the time for me as I don’t want to be part of the problem and I’m usually eco friendly with reusables and recycleables everywhere possible so as much as we are all scared we do just need to relax a bit.

I have my eco disposable and compostable towels as hand towels after hand washing so they are nice and soft and I provide moisturiser for after. Our hands are used to being washed a lot but the general public are not and getting dry and sore so this is a little something that will help a lot. Usually clients very rarely use the loo so I don’t get through many but they like that they are single use and while everyone is worrying it provides some peace of mind.

Saying that i’m considering more flannels so I can wash them. Usually we would wash them at 60, but the CDC recommends:

Shortening their masses of advice: you can use chlorine bleach in a 60 degree wash (fine for white towels!) to kill it on infected linen. Or use a wash above 71 degrees without bleach. So if your machine doesn’t go higher than 60 degrees and you have colour towels you can tumble them dry on high for 45mins additionally which they have also stated will kill it.

I do that as standard anyway.

So Im saving the 70% alcohol I do have for my tools and door handles but you can use for hands if you really want to neat (really no need u less you are in the middle of nowhere without access to soap after a poop or before eating!). Avoid getting it on electricals eg wax pot as of fire risk.

Hi,
I have been practicing medical massage for almost 20 years and nails for less than a year. I always washed hands before and after I provided services and rubbed my hands with alcohol, so when I started with nails I kept using alcohol/ disinfectant solution for hands and implements.
Tammy Taylor sells some real good ones.

Latest posts

Back