Cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebekah123

Reaction score
I am an 18 year old student currently studying level 3 beauty therapy in west yorkshire and i am wanting to further my education on to Botox an fills to then become an anaesthetic nurse. Does anyone know what course I will need to apply for? Or what university I could contact?

I have replied to your other thread, do you have any a levels? Xx

I don't have no A levels no, but I am a qualified beauty therapist. I'm just wanting help on how to apply for cosmetics :/ xx

Ok so do you have GCSE maths, english and IT C and above?

If not, you will need to do the equvilant course. Then you will need your A level, this can be done at most colleges it is called an access to higher education course.

That will take you a year, then apply to uni and do a nursing course.where you will need to do placements i think you are in uni two days a week the rest on placements in hospitals doing nights, days, working doing a wide range of caring.

It will be hard going, so do make sure you are right for this type of work. My friends have done it and if they didn't love their job they would cry at somethings they have had to do.

Also uni places are limited, so if you go in and say you want to do botox you will not get a place.

Also take a uni open day and go and speak with the nursing team, and the finance team and see approx what uni would cost you in student loans, and what is expected of you on the course.

Good luck :) xx

If I were you, I wouldn't do it. 3+ years of study & £30'000+ of debt so you can provide botox treatments, imo it's not worth it & you might not be able to stick it out if you have no interest in nursing other than botox but please remember this is just my opinion, if anything I hope it's just given you something to think about, I wish you good luck whatever you choose to do :) x

Add on another three years to that on the wards before you can even think of applying for the v300 prescribers course! Which will set you back £3-5000 depending on getting a supervisor!

It's not easy becoming an aesthetic nurse, and now beauty therapists are legally not allowed to do botox its also harder for non-prescribing nurse sect so you have to be PASSIONATE about patients and nursing first or you won't get anywhere....

Latest posts

Back