cost of travel / petrol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
hi everyone

Just wondered for you mobile nail geeks how you worked out the cost of travel. my prices are set within the area i work, so if people live further away i charge for travel, but how does every1 else work this out?

any tips would be fab!

I'm going to have to stop being mobile and ask my clients to come to me if they want their nails done... we have no diesel left in the garage in our town due to the trucker's strike!

Normally I work it out similarly to you.

Hi, I dont do nails anymore but i do makeup and i include travel within a 10mile radius of my postcode. If anybody outside this area wants to book then I charge them 40p per mile extra. So if they live just outside my area its usually around £2 - £10 extra, but if they are further (eg: im near blackpool and get people in manchester booking so I just round the number to what I know it will cost me or otherwise it becomes very expensive for the client).

It is quite difficult but also if you could get your client to have more done at the appointment or get her friends to have a treatment at the same time you could discount your travel cost.

I used to charge 50p per mile over 3 miles, but now I just bump any service price by a fiver if someone wants it mobile (lets face I don't feel like packing up my kit and getting 50p extra for a client 4 miles away!), and I don't accept appointments any further away than I want to go.

For tax purposes I write it down at 40p per mile.

Latest posts

Back