Could all you lovely geeks help me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diva27

Reaction score
I have just done a 10 week taster course and loved it. I have decided this is the route for me. I just need a liitle help with a couple of things.
What do you use scrub fresh for? does it have more than one use? how many colours of tips do you use? ie clear white? if someone wants french would you use a white tip or white acrylic or paint it on? if you paint it on how do you get a good smile line? i am sorry for all the questions. If anyone could help that would be fab x

I have just done a 10 week taster course and loved it. I have decided this is the route for me. I just need a liitle help with a couple of things.
What do you use scrub fresh for? does it have more than one use? how many colours of tips do you use? ie clear white? if someone wants french would you use a white tip or white acrylic or paint it on? if you paint it on how do you get a good smile line? i am sorry for all the questions. If anyone could help that would be fab x

Hi

Scrubfresh is .......... a one step nail prep that cleanses, sanitises and temporarily dehydrates the nail plate layers, leaving several pathogen fighting agents behind!

Those are it's functions - use before enhancement application or before enamel.

I tend to use 2 main colour tips - clear and natural, I have a box of white, but don't like them as much as the others.

When I do a french finish, I use white powder.

However, when you do your foundation course, all of these things will be explained to you.

Hope this helps,

Hiya ... Scrubfresh is a nail prep that improves adhesion and de-contaminates the nail plate, it also leave pathogen fighters behind to help prevent greenies. You also use it for removing the sticky layer on gels.

I don't have white tips as its very rare that you find someone with nail beds that can carry them off...and come re balance time you would have to use a white powder/gel anyway (other than soaking off and starting all over) so i stick to using a white gel (i don't do L&P)

I have clear tips and natural tip...I tend to only use the clear tips for those wanting glitter.

For smile lines try reading through the articles on here...go to navigation (top left hand corner) and then click articles. HTH x

Lol! I know this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, but I can see that others have expertly answered & given good advice, so I thought I'd add something that probably most nail techs don't know! This IS true by the way, I use it all the time & have some at home specifically for using on not only Mozzie bites, (works best if you can apply it within a couple of minutes of being bitten. Scrubfresh stops them itching & often they don't 'welt' up either) but also on pimples, scratches or anything else with any amount of infection. **WARNING** Sometimes it stings a LOT when being applied to broken skin, but because it evaporates quickly the stinging is soon gone. Scrubfresh is a very effective anti-sceptic!!

Lol! I know this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, but I can see that others have expertly answered & given good advice, so I thought I'd add something that probably most nail techs don't know! This IS true by the way, I use it all the time & have some at home specifically for using on not only Mozzie bites, (works best if you can apply it within a couple of minutes of being bitten. Scrubfresh stops them itching & often they don't 'welt' up either) but also on pimples, scratches or anything else with any amount of infection. **WARNING** Sometimes it stings a LOT when being applied to broken skin, but because it evaporates quickly the stinging is soon gone. Scrubfresh is a very effective anti-sceptic!!

I don't think i would apply it to broken skin....because the skin is broken you could make it worse.....i am very cautious what i apply to broken skin.

must admit that i have used it on a spot before and it did heal up fast...:lol:

but yes scrubfresh is designed for nail plates !!

I never use tips, I always sculpt on forms as I find they work out better for me. It just depends on what you prefer doing.

I'm not sure what kind of "taster" course takes 10 weeks, in fact I personally have never heard of a taster course.....

It took 15 weeks part time for me to become a fully Qualified Nail Technician.

#1 goal on your list should be to get proper training.....it's sounds like you are about to start working on clients right away. The fact that you "need just a little help" with questions a proper instuctor should of covered in training makes me suspect.
Get fully trained by a qualified instructor, the stuff you will learn will help you decide what to do, and how to do it!

Latest posts

Back