Could cry - hair extensions problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleb1133

Reaction score
As some of you may or may not have seen on the big extension post about a week ago I posted, my extensions are back combing themselves. This is at least the 4th lot I've hAd and never once had problems. I'm not doing anything diff to what I normally do etc following all the usual haircare. Anyway my friend/extentionist called them today and they've basically said that they can't do anything because it's after the 4 week cut off point. Anybody any ideas where to go from here?? Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
As some of you may or may not have seen on the big extension post about a week ago I posted, my extensions are back combing themselves. This is at least the 4th lot I've hAd and never once had problems. I'm not doing anything diff to what I normally do etc following all the usual haircare. Anyway my friend/extentionist called them today and they've basically said that they can't do anything because it's after the 4 week cut off point. Anybody any ideas where to go from here?? Xx

4 week cut off point? What's that all about? Did they tell you that your hair will only last 4,weeks? Where abouts do you live Hun? I can look at it for you?

Hi, I live it Halifax west yorks. The supplier is foxy extensions x

Hi Michelle was it you I was advising last week?

Has your extensionist advised about which supplier it is? And has she been VERY firm with them?! Bringing up the fact that the hair is clearly not fit for purpose etc,

If you can go see Wifey - she will be able to check it out.

Basically there saying if it wasn't cuticle correct it would happen straight away and not a few weeks down the line x

Hi jojemac yes it was me 😔 she has. Told them how I have followed after care etc, even explained u don't want it all replacing, and sort of said could u maybe just sent 20 of the blondest ones out (this is what seems to the problem ones) but they just won't. Said something about it being after 4 weeks, and that if it was cuticle correct it would have shown straight away x

Hi jojemac yes it was me 😔 she has. Told them how I have followed after care etc, even explained u don't want it all replacing, and sort of said could u maybe just sent 20 of the blondest ones out (this is what seems to the problem ones) but they just won't. Said something about it being after 4 weeks, and that if it was cuticle correct it would have shown straight away x

Whether the hair is cuticle correct or not is irrelevant, by the sounds of it there is definitely something wrong with them as this just doesn't happen with extensions of good quality. Your contract is with the extensionist not her supplier, so again it's irrelevant if they refund her etc. she has sold you a service which clearly isn't using hair of the quality advertised, it is up to her to sort no one else.

I would demand an immediate refund before removal. Do not remove yourself if you are wanting a refund as the minute you remove them you take away her responsibility

I've inboxed you Hun, just leg me know if you want to come and see me. I'm happy to see and advise so you can take if further

Hi, I live it Halifax west yorks. The supplier is foxy extensions x

If it's foxy then it shouldn't happen although the 4a is pretty pants, but it shouldn't happen no matter who the supplier

I think I may have misread. It's a friend whose the extensionist yes? Are you just wanting advise on behalf of your friend so she can go to foxy, or are you wanting advise on how to deal with your extensionist/friend lolol

When I spoke to my friend last night, she said she had tried everything, and basically they wouldn't budge, so said she wants a matter, but not a template letter, a full explanation as to why they aren't gonna help out. So I'm going to ring them. Put in a formal complaint. As much as I know it's up to my hairdresser/friend she's not the most forceful of people so I'm gonna ring them and give them what for. But just wondering what I can say what tips to say, and what not to say. I think basically the hair extension company are saying if there had have been a problem it would have happend at the beg not 7 weeks down the line. So how do I get round that? Thanks guys I appreciate all your help x

4 weeks down the line, I can't see that any company is gonna refund you. Sorry.
Basically it's cheap hair, and you washed the silicon coating off. Cheap hair usually comes from combings, hence why it's not cuticle correct, and that's now showing.
How much did the hair itself cost?

I pay 2.20 a strand. If it was cheap hair and I would expect it to last a short amount of time. However, this is my 4th lot of extensions from the same company, same hair type etc, and it's lasted me 4/5 months at least!! This is what I don't understand x

Foxy hair isnt great but shouldnt be like that after 4 weeks

I pay 2.20 a strand. If it was cheap hair and I would expect it to last a short amount of time. However, this is my 4th lot of extensions from the same company, same hair type etc, and it's lasted me 4/5 months at least!! This is what I don't understand x

So £440? Wow, you could've had Ratajack hair for less!

As a good friend of mine she charges £300 inc colour x

What you pay and what she pays are different. Which foxy did you have? The 5a hair is actually ok. Do you actually know it's from foxy?

When I spoke to my friend last night, she said she had tried everything, and basically they wouldn't budge, so said she wants a matter, but not a template letter, a full explanation as to why they aren't gonna help out. So I'm going to ring them. Put in a formal complaint. As much as I know it's up to my hairdresser/friend she's not the most forceful of people so I'm gonna ring them and give them what for. But just wondering what I can say what tips to say, and what not to say. I think basically the hair extension company are saying if there had have been a problem it would have happend at the beg not 7 weeks down the line. So how do I get round that? Thanks guys I appreciate all your help x

You can't actually say anything to them as you didn't buy it she did. The contract of sale is between your friend and them

4 weeks down the line, I can't see that any company is gonna refund you. Sorry.
Basically it's cheap hair, and you washed the silicon coating off. Cheap hair usually comes from combings, hence why it's not cuticle correct, and that's now showing.
How much did the hair itself cost?

But if it's foxy then it's Remy hair and it's not from combings ( no Remy hair actually is). Their cheapest hair is pretty naff but still won't do this so quick It's either non foxy hair or a bad batch I reckon and despite what hair it is, it still has to be " fit for purpose intended" and you can bet wherever it was bought the description will say it lasts longer than 4 weeks

I'm currently emailing the 'office manager' in the letter they sent (they've emailed me a copy) is basically saying it must be a lifestyle change, as if u wash n style my hair as normal, u know like all the time, then it would have been noted much more quickly. I agree with this point IF I washed and straightened my hair a lot. However given that since way back when I first ever had my ext I can pretty much get away with washing and have a proper styling session once a week, so noticing the problem was bound to be delayed!!! X

I've also asked them where in the t&c it states about 4 weeks x

Latest posts

Back