could someone tell me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi i have got to find out this word (ONYCHOPAGIA) but i think it is spelt wrong i have had a look in my encyclopedia and the one i think it is is spelt (ONYCHOPHAGY) could some one tell me are these two words mean bitten nails or are the two different meanings.This is an assignment as well and they cant even spell it right if it is spelt wrong!! also our tutor said we have got to learn all the bones,musscle,blood vesseles in the arm,leg,foot,hand and our tutor dont even know these and she is a nail tec!

Hi trudi -Onychophagy is bitten nails - our handouts sometimes were misspelt and with all those O's it was bloody confusing !!!! Hope this helps!

Thanks thought it was that!can anyone tell me if you have CONJUNCTIVITIS do you refer to G.P and is it a restricted treatment

also the same again but if you have ECZEMA also VITILIGO and a STYE
any help please thanks;)

I have never heard or read of any of these contra-indicating a nail/hand treatment....

Trudi why dont you invest in a copy of marian Newmans book, it will be a god send if you are studying nails in any shape or form...PM Lily she can send you a copy mail order...hth...

and speak to your head tutor if you are not happy with your tutor and her responses to your queries....again hth

Trudi said:
Thanks thought it was that!can anyone tell me if you have CONJUNCTIVITIS do you refer to G.P and is it a restricted treatment

also the same again but if you have ECZEMA also VITILIGO and a STYE
any help please thanks;)
Hiya,

This depends on wetehr the treatment you are giving is around that area, eg: you wouldnt do an eye treatment on a client with conjunctivitis or a stye but you could give a manicure. I would refer them to a GP if they came for a facial etc. Regards eczema, if it was on the hands and you wanted to do a hand treatment, then again i would refer to a gp if it is severe, Vitiligo, should cause no serious probs for manicure or facial treatments.

HTH

Amanda

Thanks for your help and fab freak i do have the encyclopedia of nails its just that some of the words are not in there and i need to get it right for my skin assignment.Thanks

Latest posts

Back