Couriers to send nail products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonBon

Reaction score
Well unfortunately my nail side of things never took off :sad: and my passion died so I have packed up my nail gear after a lot of thought and sold it to a nail tech friend oop North but I cannot for love (nor money lol) get anyone to carry it due to a bottle of monomer down to it being a flammable liquid.
I find it bizarre because its nsi and i had it delivered to me from them direct. Who do nail and beauty companies use to get round this.
Can any one of you lovely geeks point me in the right direction please.

Well unfortunately my nail side of things never took off :sad: and my passion died so I have packed up my nail gear after a lot of thought and sold it to a nail tech friend oop North but I cannot for love (nor money lol) get anyone to carry it due to a bottle of monomer down to it being a flammable liquid.
I find it bizarre because its nsi and i had it delivered to me from them direct. Who do nail and beauty companies use to get round this.
Can any one of you lovely geeks point me in the right direction please.

tbh they probably just don't tell them and send it.

Maybe just take a loss for the monomer and get the rest of the stuff sent? Not the ideal option but at least you still get good money for the rest of your kit

I've sent and not declared it and it's been fine. Might be a risk though!

It's not a huge bottle to be fair and I think she uses the same system so I might just leave it out. Just be my flipping luck to get caught and have the whole parcel confiscated lol

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd say to leave the monomer out, if they find it they'll destroy the whole package so it's not just that you'll be risking.

I think a lot of suppliers probably have contracts with suppliers to send flammables.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

One of the website I buy from states that their couriers only carry a certain amount of mls at a time so they have to decant the liquid, send you an empty big bottle & filled small ones!

Have the couriers said if they have a 'safe' limit on the amount of monomer they will carry or was it just an outright no?

Still a lot of faffing tho :( xx

I had a look through my texts from Crystal Nails and NSI for orders that included monomer and other things not allowed through the regular post and these are the names of the couriers used-

-DPD
-Conrad Options which used a DPD web addy
-Interlink
-Irfhan Options which used an Interlink web addy

Not sure if any of that helps. I also seem to recall hearing that some companies got a special permit that allows them to ship hazardous goods, but I can't remember when or where I heard that.

Thanks for your replies, I will try interlink today and if thats a no I'm going to leave it out. Its only a 240ml. It is a lot of faff for such a small amount xx

Latest posts

Back