Courses by Capital

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
Hi

How many of you have done your training through Capital? I'm looking to learn new treatments over time and have been checking out the Capital website. I can see they do a couple of different waxing courses, make up, eyelash tinting/perming and eyelash extensions. All these courses are just 1 day each though and I'm wondering if that's enough training? Just wondered what other Geeks thoughts are and if anyone has had successful training through Capital.

Thanks everyone x

I've done a couple of their courses and they were pretty good because there is only a few people in the class so its proper hands on training. I did the manicure/pedicure course which was really good, but found the waxing course didn't give you enough chance to practice your technique so I came away feeling unconfident to offer waxing as one of my services and feel I need to either go back or do another course somewhere else.

Good luck though, I'm also looking into doing a few more courses, just finding them very expensive!

I've done a couple of their courses and they were pretty good because there is only a few people in the class so its proper hands on training. I did the manicure/pedicure course which was really good, but found the waxing course didn't give you enough chance to practice your technique so I came away feeling unconfident to offer waxing as one of my services and feel I need to either go back or do another course somewhere else.

Good luck though, I'm also looking into doing a few more courses, just finding them very expensive!

I have been considering the waxing course with Capital. My mum is a beauty therapist with over 10 years experience. She said if I completed a course I could work alongside her and she could advise me. Would you say this would be enough of a starting block for this?

Thanks
Amy

P.S Sorry noodles hijacking your thread :smack:

I have been considering the waxing course with Capital. My mum is a beauty therapist with over 10 years experience. She said if I completed a course I could work alongside her and she could advise me. Would you say this would be enough of a starting block for this?

Thanks
Amy

P.S Sorry noodles hijacking your thread :smack:

Hi Amy

Don't worry, you're not hijacking my thread!! Yes I think it's a good idea if you can get out and about with your mum, you can't beat hands on experience and that would provide you with unlimited support. And I'm sure regular clients of your mums wouldn't object to you being there. I'd do the course, get the qualification and then get out there with your mum.

I did my nail extension course through capital and wish now i had spent my money doing it some where else.

The course tutor was lovely etc but it was a lot of money (in hindsight) for what i actually got out of it.

Not sure about the waxing courses etc as i went some wher else to do those

I've just booked the warm waxing course through them, my day is on the 8th May. I'll be blogging when it's done, so check my blog after to see how it went!

By the way, I'm planning on practising on anyone who will let me, then going somewhere like the Wax Queen for some extra training after. I don't really think 1 day is enough, but if I practise and there's something I'm not confident in, I can then get it worked on with the extra training!

Latest posts

Back