Cover in two coats-Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey guys, I see a lot of threads on gelish and I find a many need three coats to cover. I am looking to get winter colours in and was thinking if any gelish geeks could tell me what colours cover in two coats? Doesn't matter what colour or collection just a list of ones that will be done in two coats. Thought it may be useful for others too xxx

Cocktail party drama
Tomorrow never comes (or summit like that!)
caution
My favorite accessory
Eur so chic
Taupe model
Gossip girl (but thats a dark pink, still popular though)

I find coverage depends on the client too, one clients free edge may be very white, so you need another coat, but others are not so and then don't need 3 coats.
:)

Queen of hearts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Midnight caller only ever takes two coats and is a really nice metallic grey colour

I find I only need 2 coats with most everything.. there are a few that I do three but it's very rare.

Strutt your stuff lovely dark brown perfect for autumn and winter season, this only need 2 coats :)

Avoid Plum and Done. 3 coats needed. But can't comment on any other plum colours x

Thankyou so much! This is do helpful to me! Loving this! Xxx

Queen of hearts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I second Queen of Hearts! It's quickly becoming my favourite after overtaking Caution.x

Avoid Plum and Done. 3 coats needed. But can't comment on any other plum colours x

Bought this today 😡 I'm not happy, takes three coats as shrinks away from all nail edges!! Bought it at Olympia so not sure I can do anything

Bella's vampire only 2 coats needed, lush!

Bought this today 😡 I'm not happy, takes three coats as shrinks away from all nail edges!! Bought it at Olympia so not sure I can do anything

Glad it's not just me!
So frustrating, it's like quality control goes out the window sometimes x

Sweet Chocolate
Elegant Wish
Sugar Daddy
After Party Espresso
The Naughty List
Hot Rod Red

and all those listed above :D

If you have a faulty bottle maby send it back to harmony? I'm sure they will help! Thanks for the suggestions, it's really helped me! Keep them coming 💝

I find I only need 2 coats with most everything.. there are a few that I do three but it's very rare.

Me too! Usually I do 3 coats with the glitter colours but normally great coverage!

I have this with my bottle of Night Reflection - drives me mad! Someone on here suggested warming the bottle before use and that really seems to help actually. I pop it between my knees when prepping and by the time I am ready to use it, the consistency is much better. Hth xx

Definitely Queen of Hearts, My Forbidden Love, Rendezvous & Jet Set. All beautiful & cover perfectly in 2 coats. Black Cherry Berry is lovely too but I find it wrinkles quite easily so is better doing 3 super thin coats. The worst colours I've found for needing 3 coats are Black Shadow & the neon collection from this year xx

I spoke to a lovely lady at harmony today about plum and done, I've discovered that I've been over curing my foundation, so am going to reduce time to 5 seconds in my led opi lamp. This is the only cour it's been happening to though! Obviously will now reduce foundation cure on all sets from now on!

I find I need 3 coats with most colours to get the coverage I like. The only ones I do in 2 are Queen of Hearts, Rendevouz, My Forbidden Love and all of the Shadows. X

I spoke to a lovely lady at harmony today about plum and done, I've discovered that I've been over curing my foundation, so am going to reduce time to 5 seconds in my led opi lamp. This is the only cour it's been happening to though! Obviously will now reduce foundation cure on all sets from now on!

Hi Sarah, just out of interest, how long were u curing foundation for?? I've had the same with Plum & Done you see x

Latest posts

Back