Covered dappen dish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndy

Reaction score
Hi All

I have read Geeg's response a few times about putting good practice into place using L&P and how the manage the vapour issue, and I am using that which is great advice.

This might sound like a really daft question but here goes.

I have one of the little glass dappen dishes that I use which I have had since college days that doesnt have a lid . I dispose of any unused monomer when I've finished.

I wanted to know that when you are in the middle of applying the l&p , do you leave the monomer uncovered in your dish until the full set is done , or do you cover it / put lid on it in between applying the enhancement to each nail,

Hope you know what I'm going on about
Thanks

Lyndy xx

Prep the nail, then put the amount needed into dappen dish. apply to all nails. I would then cover whilst filing/buffing then dispose of it at the end of the service. (if im applying sparly tips I have two dishes so as not to contaminate the monomer with sparkly bits for the nail bed)

Thats the way I do it, hope this helps.

I leave my lid off while im applying the l&p.

Hi,
You can buy lids even for those tiny glass dampen dishes @ NSI.
I get Monomer ready using a pipette, no spills, and less used. Put lid on until I am ready to use. Always keep it covered so as not to get filing & prep dust into it.
During L & P application I don't use the lid, too time comsuming.
I then use the paper towel client has rested on to soak up the tiny bit left in dish, then rinse with soapy water, nice and clean ready for next use. I have 2 of the larger dampen dishes with lids and 3 of the tiny ones, I bought the lids for them separately as they came in my training kit without lids.
I am going to do what Geeg suggests plastic backed pad with scrubfresh for wiping brush, see how much difference it makes.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to reply and your advice, think Im going to invest in some pipettes and some dishes with lids. I'll have a look at NSI for the little lids for the dishes I've already got
Thanks Ladies

Lyndy xx

Latest posts

Back