Covering Crazy Colour fire help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi all so I've a client who's all over bleached up with crazy colour fire and over time had some maji contrast rouge slices throughout aswell, she now wants to be a rich chocolatey colour with a few sort of caramel pieces through. I was thinking base 4 over maybe 4/0 or 4/1 for the all over colour then try lifting the lighter parts with bleach and putting maybe 6/0 or 6/1for the lighter parts not sure though never coloured over this before!! Any help greatly appreciated! Xx

Hiya Hun I went over mine when it was red (similar colours used) with a 4 felt like u could still see a red hue on top I ended up bleach bathing it out then went in with a 6 looked much beta hth :) x

I don't know much about crazy colors... Buy I wonder if they need to be removed first... I worked with Goldwell for 9 years, Elumen was their "fashion"color line... It's a direct due, similar to the crazy colors, or so I imagine... By Elumen has to be removed from the hair before using a regular hair color. Being a direct dye, it clashes with the alkaline hair color. I remember being told that Elumen's direct dye molecule actually eats away at the molecules in permanent color. Crazy color may be the same?

Thank you guys really appreciate the help! Sorry couldn't get on for a couple of days! I remember you saying you had it beckstar so was hoping you'd pop in :). That's interesting to know about the colour molecules!!! Thanks xx

Try a tone strip using bleach, shampoo and water first. With it being a true semi I would think that would be more than enough.
Usually a good clarifying shampoo would remove it after a few washes. Personally, if you can, ask her to wash her hair 3/4 times with a clarifier before coming to you first, but if not the tone strip should do it without lifting the rest. Xoxo

I don't know much about crazy colors... Buy I wonder if they need to be removed first... I worked with Goldwell for 9 years, Elumen was their "fashion"color line... It's a direct due, similar to the crazy colors, or so I imagine... By Elumen has to be removed from the hair before using a regular hair color. Being a direct dye, it clashes with the alkaline hair color. I remember being told that Elumen's direct dye molecule actually eats away at the molecules in permanent color. Crazy color may be the same?

Elumen eats away at regular colour moleculers because its electricly charged !! It works like a magnet drawing it right ibto the centre of the cortex thus pushing out any "normal" permanent colour I looooooove elumen but its very temperamental x

Thank you tomme, I'm dreading it lol x

No probs hun ;) x

Latest posts

Back