Cracked, dry fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingers

Reaction score
please anyone help:sad:
been using acrylic and gel for untold years... now end of finger are so dry that in the end the skin cracks.. so sore... driving me mad... i think it started when using gel polish.. i use polish pro,shellac and tahe (a spanish make ) have tried using cloves. but fingers sweat and make it worse.. tryed with talc in as well but that makes them even dryer so bad some times hard to hold nail file.. would be great if anyone would be able to help me with this.. if anyone has suffured the same.. all ideas will be most welcome.. :irked:

Try a foot cream which contains urea. Hubby had calluses on his hands and it worked a treat x

Hi Fingers,

I suffer from painful cracks on my fingers in the winter and I know how unpleasant it is. For relief I use Germolene liquid plaster and it is amazing. It seals the cracks, is waterproof and helps with the healing. However, it doesn't look good under a lamp in front of clients!

You really need to find out why your fingers are cracking but in the meantime I hope this helps.
Germolene New Skin Liquid Plaster

Maybe thre's a Spanish equivelant?
Saskia x

I suffer on my right hand with really dry, sore, coarse skin on my knuckles. The best thing to treat this is definatley e45 body cream. I apply it at night and in the morning my hand is really soft. Helps keep the dryness at bay!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

sounds like it could be the start of over exposure possibly from continually coming into contact with uncured product ,such as inhabitation layers , not cured or not fully cured from maybe using the wrong lights for the system ?? :(

This was exactly my allergic reaction. It has completely cleared up by using only Brisa (not lite) and Shellac. It has been 6 weeks now and I'm completely healed. Solar Oil was a saving grace. I would slather it on my cuticles and fingertips so much I would rub into my hands. I have some eczema and Solar Oil made my hands smooth and soft. I'm using it on my heels now! I'm using up my Gelish on my clients and have to wear nitrile gloves. I've switched them all to Brisa. I picked up a bottle of Gelish without my glove and one finger started to peel but didn't go into a crack in the skin. I'm building my Shellac to hopefully get rid of everything that causes me to react. You will never heal until you get the product off of you and not touch anything that bothers you barehanded. Just think of everything you have touched and cross contaminated.

Thank you CND for making a hypoallergenic product that has saved my career and enables me to wear beautiful enhancement. I absolutely love working with Brisa!

This was exactly my allergic reaction. It has completely cleared up by using only Brisa (not lite) and Shellac. It has been 6 weeks now and I'm completely healed. Solar Oil was a saving grace. I would slather it on my cuticles and fingertips so much I would rub into my hands. I have some eczema and Solar Oil made my hands smooth and soft. I'm using it on my heels now! I'm using up my Gelish on my clients and have to wear nitrile gloves. I've switched them all to Brisa. I picked up a bottle of Gelish without my glove and one finger started to peel but didn't go into a crack in the skin. I'm building my Shellac to hopefully get rid of everything that causes me to react. You will never heal until you get the product off of you and not touch anything that bothers you barehanded. Just think of everything you have touched and cross contaminated.

Thank you CND for making a hypoallergenic product that has saved my career and enables me to wear beautiful enhancement. I absolutely love working with Brisa!

It was Gelish that did this to me to . :(

We are hearing this more and more from gel polish users.

Just use your Shellac (which is hypoallergenic) and keep well away from gels. Things will only get worse if you continue to be in contact with the irritant. Once allergic always allergic so better to be safe than sorry.

I hope you get relief soon from the painful cracks etc. x

By any chance are you using Cuticle Away? If so, do you apply it with your fingers or an orangewood stick? Cuticle Away can cause irritation to you from over exposure if you are applying it with your fingers. Just thought i would throw that out there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I agree that this sounds like it could be the onset of an allergic reaction

Take a read of the article below. All of us should know this but sadly many don't...

science topic: allergies

Hths

I agree that this sounds like it could be the onset of an allergic reaction

Take a read of the article below. All of us should know this but sadly many don't...

science topic: allergies

Hths

Just read it, thank you x
I've actually got a jar full of nitrille gloves, which I bought for pedicures.
I'm going to make the effort and use them for gel application.

It's a bit like getting used to wearing washing up gloves, it's hard to do but you get used to it (well for me anyway :) )

for relief soak hands in dead sea salts and then if you can have a paraffin wax treatment after with extra rich moisturiser and solar oil for a rich moisture pack xx

No worries, Hun :) just wipe everything down, wear gloves and use Shellac. Oh …and Solar Oil!

Oh , no Hun I'm not worried at all . it was a couple of years back :)
I only had some GELISH as I was greedy and wanted more colors lol
I stopped straying and stick to my CND for every service now :D
Clients or myself x

I have been using bio sculpture gel, shellac and OPI for past three years. Only in last 9 month have I had problems with dry cracked tips of fingers and splits on top knuckles. So much so that I have had a patch test done by the hospital. Results showed a string allergic reaction to gel/acrylic products!!
Going to be difficult as not only can you get this by touch but also by fumes in the air!! Not sure now what to do? Change or battle through :irked::irked::

For your well being make a change. I switched to all Brisa and shellac and have not had problems. I still wear nitrile gloves all the time. For me this was the only option as I did not want to give up nails. Good luck!

As Sophiegees says, any dry, cracked and sore skin on the feet, hands, or front of the legs will benefit from any 25% Urea Foot Cream/Heel Balm. £5 ish from the chemists. This will be better than any E45 or aqueous cream, trust me. My elderly clients call it my 'magic cream'.

Elaine

Latest posts

Back