Cracked tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
Hi Guys has anyone got any ideas.

I have a client who by her own admission picks at her nail extensions and bites her own. Have been putting on white tips (her request) with Bio overlay. (will eventualy go to sculpts once I have properly mastered). The problem is a couple of the tips have been cracking. Gel stays intact but you can see a crack at the back of the free edge in the middle. I have made sure that tips are correct size ie not too small or tight fitting. Her nails are not spoon shaped or very flat. just in poor condition. No acetone or tip blender applied cos no blending necessary on white tips.
Please can some-one put me out of my misery???

Thanks

hiya
If she admits to biting and picking is it possible that she is biting the tip of her nails from the sides ..I`m guilty of doing this myself :eek: and sometimes when I have overlayed with my akzentz options gel which is quite flexible(think I have read on here that bio gel is a flexible gel too??) the tip cracks down the middle but the gel stays perfect because it isn`t as brittle as the tip..hth

hiya, i sometimes flex my thumbs with my teeth (naughty i know) but its normally during horror films and i dont even realise untill i hear it crack. its a good job i do my own nails, otherwise it would cost me a fortune to keep replacing them!

i have been doing nails for nearly 10 years, and have always stressed to my clients how important it is not to use there extensions as tools, pick or bite them. perhaps i should practise what i preach. :lol:

Thanks guys thats really helpful I will definately probe her when i do infills. I just couldn't think what I was doing wrong to cause it to happen especially when it wasn't happening to anyone else!

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back