Crackle/shatter paint.. Which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peartree

Reaction score
Crackle/ shatter paint is getting really popular with my clients, I'm using opi at mo and finding the black is very cloggy after I used it a few times... Any tips?
Also wondering if anyone has used the china glaze ones? If so what are they like?
And what combos are u doing?
I think it looks fab, my fav is White with black and pink and black..
:)

i do like OPI shatter, but found Barry M is cheaper and very good too. Not so keen on China glaze.

oh yes i like black & white, pink and black. Love them all really. At the mo have silver with red OPI shatter on my toes!

i have the cg crackles and loooove it!!! i have always been a huge fan of cg.

my favourite combo at the moment is the OPI bright blue crackle over a really bright pink - stunning!

Ive tryed OPI and china glaze and found them to be very gloopy !
I since then have changed to barry m and love it ! x

I use Barry M too. I have all the OPI range but Barry M is easier to apply and not as gloopy and for the price its fab...not tried China Glaze so can't comment x

Thanks geeks.. Think ill be giving barry m a go, do they have more colours than opi? (black, White, blue, red and turquoise)
Ooo peppy sounds fab.. Got my blue one today but not tried it yet.. Think the White and black will b coming off my toes 2moro lol!

Where do you guys buy your Barry M ones? I love new toys :)

I've been using OPI. The black is fab with neon colours.

Where do you guys buy your Barry M ones? I love new toys :)

I've been using OPI. The black is fab with neon colours.

Superdrug , i also get it from very.com as well x

as far as I know barry m only do Black, White, Blue and Pink, the pink is lovely, like a baby pink...shame they dont so silver like OPI but maybe they will expand their colours someday

I got mine from Superdrug £2.99ea or two for £5.00! x

I don't think we have Superdrug here (maybe we do though!) I might try boots as they do Barry M. Cheers girls :)

Ooo pink sounds great... Any one used the barry m White one? I brought a china glaze and w7 White one and wasn't impressed :-(
Think I'll b taking a trip to super drug 2moro... Thanks people :)

i get my barry m from superdrug too, very reasonable priced too.
oh and they do, do a silver OPI shatter, i have it!

For those of you who find the OPI going gloopy, OPI recommend polish thinner. I've tried it myself and it works a treat. I would not want to use Barry M in my salon personally - I've tried it on myself, but I stick to OPI and professional brands for the salon.

For those of you who find the OPI going gloopy, OPI recommend polish thinner. I've tried it myself and it works a treat. I would not want to use Barry M in my salon personally - I've tried it on myself, but I stick to OPI and professional brands for the salon.

I just love polish and have a huge collection of colours. Clients won't be getting something they can buy in Boots :) I was interested for myself :)

i use the opi shatter, the black and silver work really well but ive found that the white and turquoise ones go more stripey rather than shattered, if that makes sense? the white one looks more like streaky tipex when i use it! has anyone else had the same problem? xx

I got my white Opi to shatter today for the first time!

After I put my colour polish on and it had dried, I did a clear top coat,let it dry and then did my white shatter. Turned out a LOT better.

I also use the barry m 1s, I love it soo much, my fav combo atm is a white base with purple crackle :) Has a really strong affect! Also great thng about suerdrug is there points card system, always great to get something back :)

xx

I also use the barry m 1s, I love it soo much, my fav combo atm is a white base with purple crackle :) Has a really strong affect! Also great thng about suerdrug is there points card system, always great to get something back :)

xx

I soooooo want to try the Barry M ones. I need a 'me' shopping trip :)

Latest posts

Back